engine cooling mods

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
@94slowbra1

The better years are 1997-98. A low mile, great example can be found for less than $50-100. Plan about that much to have it professionally rewound and cast. Better safe than sorry.

Mine was from a 1997 with about 75000 miles iirc.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If you google 160 vs 180 or 190° stats, all the info that will come up backs up the science, and the conjecture is just from people saying it kept it cooler longer but then it still got hot... Which is obvious as to why.

s351

Established Member
I'm not knocking your opinion or anything I didn't say anything negative, all's I was stating is at wot the tstat, basically means nothing. I personally run a 160 in my upper rad hose, but I also run a bypass that recirculates some hot fluid that doesn't go through the rad, so I run warmer than a 160 would normally allow. I want my car to be able to go wot as soon as possible. A shop changed out the oem stat on me without my knowledge so I had to make do.

My car took forever to warm up without the bypass, one of the bmr tech guys ran this system with success, the issue upper rad hose users run into is blowing off the upper rad hose if the stats not fully open, so I'm trying this setup.

I'm all about learning man, I haven't ever heard about the 160 gunking the heads up issue. The guy that ran the system that I'm running said his car cruised between 174-180 which I believe is fine for the application.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Hey no sweat man, all good.

ill post some links/photos when I have a moment to search around

Users who are viewing this thread