Engine Coolant Leak, Need Advice

Stanger35thGT

Established Member
If this is the wrong forum im sorry. But here's the problem.

I put a sealant on it but it started leaking again, not as much though. I'm guessing it is just a gasket or the thermostat housing needs replacing. Any more advice on what to do? Or what it could be. Much appreciated!

2qnp44m.jpg

4dpo669.jpg

4g4g578.jpg

3zlu5mo.jpg

2nb6rsg.jpg

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Did you knick up anything while you were scraping old gasket off? Shouldnt be a problem any way. I always use ford gaskets rather than using sealant, anyway when using sealant only tighten the bolts up until the sealant ozzes or squeshes just a TINY bit then let it harden up for a while. Then after that you can torque the bolts down to the proper torque. Im thinking you may have just put the sealant on and tightened them up right away

BelvedereGTX

Banned
Did you knick up anything while you were scraping old gasket off? Shouldnt be a problem any way. I always use ford gaskets rather than using sealant, anyway when using sealant only tighten the bolts up until the sealant ozzes or squeshes just a TINY bit then let it harden up for a while. Then after that you can torque the bolts down to the proper torque. Im thinking you may have just put the sealant on and tightened them up right away

Stanger35thGT

Established Member
If this is the wrong forum im sorry. But here's the problem.

I put a sealant on it but it started leaking again, not as much though. I'm guessing it is just a gasket or the thermostat housing needs replacing. Any more advice on what to do? Or what it could be. Much appreciated!

Sorry for the big res pics. I dont have time to resize right now.

2m6296t.jpg

48drfw2.jpg

2d8qdfs.jpg

Last edited:

BelvedereGTX

Banned
I responded to your other identical thread.

Users who are viewing this thread