Engine Code: Too Rich?

SlowImport

Established Member
I keep getting this code. My car is feeling slower then usually(actually gets traction 2nd gear) since this. Before my car wouldnt even think about getting traction unless I went from a 60mph roll. And when I give it WOT it just starts pouring smoke out the tail pipes(people behind me says it smells like fuel also).

I usually run 10-12 gallons of 91 and a can or two of Torco depending on what tune I want to run. But the other night I ran 111 leaded gas and was told it would be okay for just one tank. After 75 miles of driving it started throwing this code. Its not throwing codes for O2 sensors, just saying its running rich.

Since running 10 gallons of 111 leaded gas I have run through 1 tank 91 octane with 1 can of Torco, then 10 gallons of 101 unleaded gas. The car is still pouring fuel out the back when at WOT and still trips the CEL for "Too Rich".

Engine Mods
5.0L HPP stroker
Ford GT cams
KB 2.2 17lbs psi
JLT CAI
SCT 3000 big maf
Mac LTs
off road H pipe
Magnaflow catback

Fuel system
60lb injectors
KB BAP(set a 40)
twin GTpumps

I am thinking of changing the plugs, and while I change the oil. Anything else I should look for? I have done a search and havent come up with much.

Thanks for any and all help,
Josh

vickerw

Established Member
If you send me those wheels I will tell you what's wrong! j/k.

I have a question. Why do you have a KB BAP & twin GT Pumps? Isn't one or the other good enough?

SlowImport

Established Member
That is the setup that HPP recomended for me to use. I made 617rhwp (corrected) 632rwhp (uncorrected) with only 17lbs of boost with this setup.

Im not a Mr. Know-It-All so I cant really tell ya, but that is what HPP told me to use.

Does anyone know why it might be running terribly rich all of a sudden?

thanks again,
Josh

KILRSVT

Established Member
is it on both banks or just one. leaking fuel injector possible maf problem. the actual code would be helpful

crunkstang1214

Established Member
Sorry to jump in but, im having about the same problem. Im not sure the code number but it said bank1 rich and bank2 rich. The car still runs fine no miss at all. i have cleared the code twice and it went off on its on once.

Users who are viewing this thread