Engine = Changes the "car" ?

Is a car classified by it's engine?

• Yes, a car is what engine it has!

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • No, a car is whatever the vin # says it is.

Votes: 43 84.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Okay let me explain. If you have say a 03 Cobra, and put a crate engine in it...do you consider your car a Cobra still? And likewise, if a Mustang GT owner puts a Cobra engine in his GT...is it still a GT? Or is it a Cobra?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
SVTCobra96 said:
Okay let me explain. If you have say a 03 Cobra, and put a crate engine in it...do you consider your car a Cobra still? And likewise, if a Mustang GT owner puts a Cobra engine in his GT...is it still a GT? Or is it a Cobra?

look over in smackdown, there's a thread going on about putting cobra badges on a GT, etc.. the real question is, if you put an ls1 in a 3rd gen mazda rx-7 does that automatically make it a camaro/firebird???

cars are made at the factory, and their VIN # makes them what they are.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
kirks5oh said:
look over in smackdown, there's a thread going on about putting cobra badges on a GT, etc.. the real question is, if you put an ls1 in a 3rd gen mazda rx-7 does that automatically make it a camaro/firebird???

cars are made at the factory, and their VIN # makes them what they are.

That thread inspired this poll, I'm curious as to what the masses think.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
SVTCobra96 said:

Its a cobra with a crate engine
its a GT with a cobra engine.

Users who are viewing this thread