engine builders??

Bite u

Established Member
Who did u use to build your built motor and why? Need some names of some shops besides mmr, since they r plastered all over the site..

Thanks Richard

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
You are close to mod motor mafia they apparently build really nice shit too

You can do
Livernios
MMR
L&M
MPH

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Pro Line Racing did the darton wet sleeve install.

MMR made my 14:1 compression pistons coated for nitrous.

I had Dick @ More Power Inc in Michigan do all my machine and balancing work. I know he is at least one of the machine shops that John Tymensky @ Modular Performance used. I would of had John do the work himself, but they were closed when I was finally ready to pull the trigger.

I'll be doing the final assembly.

Last edited:

Bite u

Established Member
More so looking at companies for pricing on parts.. I've already contacting mmp (mod mafia performance) they know all about my car and have tuned it with all the different set ups thus far.. they are putting me together a build sheet.. but I'm a cheap ass.. if I can save some money I am... they call my car the budget built car lmao..

I've got rods already with arp2000 bolts.. just looking at pistons, stud kit, oil pump n springs n other misc stuff...

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Your OP was misleading then, but despite that..

MMR typically has great prices and deals on pistons.

Stud kit, pick up an ARP set from summit or something.

I haven't heard anything bad about melling oil pumps... TSS and MMR also sell upgraded gears, do a search and see what everyone thinks about them (I honestly forgot what the general consensus was lol).

I personally was going to put a Melling oil pump in my engine, but I ended up selling it for a dry sump setup.

A lot of the valvetrain stuff you can stick with OEM parts, unless you are told that you will need to upgrade them for big cams.

Lastly, if you are on a budget and have time... hunt the market section on here and other forums. I've found countless deals that way, good luck!

Bite u

Established Member
oh yeah.. everything on the car has pretty much come from the forums lol... except like 3 things that I bought new.. upper control arms. Rear shocks n Detroit Tru Trac lol.. that's y they call my car the budget car.. built rear end, build trans full suspension car all at half the price lol.. valve train wise it's gonna b boosted n gonna turn 7500 rpms or so.. not sure if any of the "stock" valve train parts would handle that I'm game for a advice tho..

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Ryans Performance in Lake Charles, La. He built my cobra for insane amounts of boost and tuned both of my cars. He hasn't bullshitted me yet, and is straight forward about issues.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Brian Tooley valve springs. Under 200$ and can rev over 7500.
Any forged rod would work really. MMR's forged H's have been in cars over 1000rwhp. Or you can goo with Eagle. They're cheaper than manleys
Pistons you can go with Probe, Wiseco, or maybe even Keith Black. All of those are cheaper than CP, Diamond, or Manley.

-Mark

Bite u

Established Member
Thanks mark... I was curious if the eagle stuff was any good for the mod motor world... I seen lethal sold a complete kit all made by eagle that seemed to b a decent price for everything needed..

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Thanks mark... I was curious if the eagle stuff was any good for the mod motor world... I seen lethal sold a complete kit all made by eagle that seemed to b a decent price for everything needed..

No prob. John Kasse used eagle rods when he won the Engine Masters Challenge this past year.

-Mark

Users who are viewing this thread