Engine build???

Snakebite13

Established Member
Does anybody know of any good places around the Mississippi, Alabama, or Louisiana area to send my Shelby for an engine build??

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Does anybody know of any good places around the Mississippi, Alabama, or Louisiana area to send my Shelby for an engine build??

I would work with someone like JDM or L&M who know the engine inside and out- and offer a built engine option.

Van@RevanRacing

I only and always recommend L&M Engines and no other engine builder. Period.

I've worked with L&M successfully on a number of builds and L&M built the motor in the car that I drove 220.8 MPH at the Texas Mile.

Call Michael and you will not go wrong. He isn't cheap but his knowledge and understanding are second to none.

Van

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I only and always recommend L&M Engines and no other engine builder. Period.

I've worked with L&M successfully on a number of builds and L&M built the motor in the car that I drove 220.8 MPH at the Texas Mile.

Call Michael and you will not go wrong. He isn't cheap but his knowledge and understanding are second to none.

Van

+1

Was at their shop last year and was extremely impressed. Michael did custom cams for my buds 08 that came out sick....! And a few other buds builds that came out top notch, but you will pay for that knowledge ;-)

carguy19

Established Member
Snakebite, if you want a contact at JDM, you can call Jim Jr there or send him a PM here (look for the thread saying that they have new 5.8L rods that they came out with). Hes a great guy and I've had tons of stuff done w them. They do things right the first time and dont try to upsell you bullshit. Best of all they have their own machine shop, so they do everything in house and you dont have to worry about some hungover machinist working on your parts on an assembly line w 30 other motors. They are rarely building more then 1-2 motors at a time and they are meticulous and I'd eat my lunch off of their floor or workbench without thinking twice about it. The shop is spotless and everyone is awesome.

I think if you just pull it apart and send them the shortblock to let them do the rods, new bearings and balance it all, it wont cost you much either.

Van@RevanRacing

1215 RWHP at 23.9 lbs of boost with a KB 4.2, custom Rauscher Cams and NOBODY does them better.

Lund Racing TT 5.0- KOTS, EVO 2013 GT500, 8.9 on six speed and Revan Racing 220 at the Texas Mile. Common denominator......L&M Engines. And there are many more.

carguy19

Established Member
1215 RWHP at 23.9 lbs of boost with a KB 4.2, custom Rauscher Cams and NOBODY does them better.

Lund Racing TT 5.0- KOTS, EVO 2013 GT500, 8.9 on six speed and Revan Racing 220 at the Texas Mile. Common denominator......L&M Engines. And there are many more.

Snakebite, you can never go wrong with a referral from Van either. Hes top notch.

Users who are viewing this thread