Engine bay advise...opinions please!

Scud2

Established Member
So I have 100k+ on my 2001 GT. I added a vortech and always trying to keep things under the hood looking as good as possible. People say it's super clean especially for 100k. To improve the look into installed an aluminum coolant tank. I also have a vortech v3 supercharger I purchased used. I want opinions on weather to black everything out under the hood or to polish up the aluminum tank and powerpipe. I could black everything out easily. But not sure if it would look good with my setup. So black out or polish up?

c205d32de08996123452ee84a994f853.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Scud2

Established Member
Sorry....I would blackout supercharger, intake, discharge, and aluminum tank

rebelproud

Just my opinion, i'd polish. Too much black might look like theres too much packed in there, a nice polish would add some nice contrast, dress up, and class, maintain the clean organized look. As much as im a fan of the blacked out look, i plan on doing my 98 that way, chrome contrast adds alot of beauty and shows off your work. More like my Harley, black and chrome makes each piece its own, stands out and generally looks good. Plus it looks like your car is blue, you dont want to pop the hood and just have a black and blue bruise. With what you have, it looks nice, polish it, it'd look great, nice ballance.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Scud2

Established Member
Just my opinion, i'd polish. Too much black might look like theres too much packed in there, a nice polish would add some nice contrast, dress up, and class, maintain the clean organized look. As much as im a fan of the blacked out look, i plan on doing my 98 that way, chrome contrast adds alot of beauty and shows off your work. More like my Harley, black and chrome makes each piece its own, stands out and generally looks good. Plus it looks like your car is blue, you dont want to pop the hood and just have a black and blue bruise. With what you have, it looks nice, polish it, it'd look great, nice ballance.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Good call. The Bruce thing is actually kind of funny. But it's not what I'm looking for at the same time. A little pop would be great polish up those two pieces and I think I'd be happy!

StalkerStang

Established Member
Just don't get it dirty lol!

At least the polished parts will clean up easier. Anything that is textured or has a rough finish will trap dirt, grease, etc.....

You may be able to preserve the brushed look for longer with some sort of ceramic coating. Similar to what they do with paint and wheels....

KEVINS

Established Member
Aluminum oxidizes (rusts) naturally in air. If you want to preserve it then have it clear anodized. Personally I'd have it chrome plated.

ks

Users who are viewing this thread