Engine and blower questions...

Brad03GT

Established Member
I recently blew up my stock motor, and now it's time for a forged shortblock. I'm sure this question has been asked repeatedly but who to buy from? I'm thinking MMR and the street series 900. A buddy of mine here in town recently melted a piston on his '04 Cobra that was making about 650ish rwhp at the time, and he went with them and so far is satisfied.
The blower: I'm gonna keep my stock heads/cams and put a D-1, or Vortech S-trim on the car. Prolly around 15 lbs. I know this is a dumb question and asked way more than it should, but how much power would I be making? I would think around 450-475 rwhp??
Thanks

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
You prolly should belt out the numbers 450-475rwhp. I easily made 400 with 75mm tb, plenum, Vortech SQ-trim at 8 psi, exhaust & power pipe. So with the tb, plenum, and exhaust plus 15 psi you should be around 450+ horsepower. However don't skimp out on the tune. Find the best tuner of mustangs in your area. It makes ALL the difference. I can't stress that enough.
Example: Same mods 3 different tuners.
1st tuner 50lb injectors with my forged motor from DSS with cams, lt's, and aftercooler plus above mods made 508rwhp and 482rwtq. BUT drove like shit..wasn't a daily driver car that i needed
2nd tuner with 50lb injectors made less 500 & 474 and drove somewhat better.
Then the tuner said I don't need 50's it's to much. So I bought 42's and he made I think the same power and it drove much better than with the 50's. But still wasn't the daily driver that I hoped for.

Both of those were on STD dyno which read much higher.
The 3rd tuner was on a Mustang dyno which reads as realistic as possible to what you will see on the streets and is thought to be much lower than STD dyno #'s.

3rd tuner with 42's..maxed them out at 550 & 489 and drove like stock.
went back with the 50's..and then maxed them out with the #'s in my sig. So there's still more power to be made with the same exact mods and it drives even better than it did with 42's.

Like I said the tune makes all the difference in the world.

If you can throw in some blower cams..i didn't, I went with Comp Cams 270's and you'll get more power out of it. Of course if you can port the heads that would be great but it's more expensive than the cams. So good luck :thumbsup:

Brad03GT

Established Member
Yeah, I live about 50 miles from RWTD. James has dyno'd tuned my car for the motor tune and the n2o tune that I had. The reason it blew up was from 15 lbs of n2o a week , haha. Yeah I think while it's out of the car, I should go ahead and do the cams, not THAT expensive, and it'll make more power...

Users who are viewing this thread