End of senior year..

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Well like the title says I am getting down to the end of my senior year. This summer I am just helping a neighbor finish his house, deck, sheds, and yard and he will pay good. I am also interested in starting a small car wash service. Just my street and one next to it (big ritch houses) and tons of cars, I have been washing my neighbors BMW all spring and he loves the job I do. I also wash all of our cars Escape, Durango, GT. Here is what I plan to offer....

I will go to there house and they just need to supply water and a hose, I would do it weekend or weekday (would meet before to say hello and decide time) when their there or not.
Wash and dry car, wash rims, use tire shine, use a quick detailer wax since I have not waxed a car yet. Vaccume interior, wipe dash and console, wheel, arm rests ex. Wash windows inside and out.

What would be a good price to ask and is there anything else I should do or anything I should not do???

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
learn how to buff, wax, and just do a full detail. Take it to the next level. There are milliong of HS kids wanting to do what you want to do, and can probably do the same job. Go to the next level and offer something more IMHO.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Wow great minds think alike. Thats what me and my buddy are doing now. We started about 3 weeks ago. I have a PC with SMP pads and a full line of cleaning products at my house that I just throw in a bin and toss it in the trunk. We have about 6 different options ranging from just a wash to a full interior shampoo with a polish & Wax. Some damn good money if your find the right area (rich people). I don't have our prices with me now but I'll let ya know. Start printing up flyers. Also check if your town has water bans (certain days your not supposed to use the hose). Also, I end up half the time taking a customers car and bringing it back to my place. Good luck.

tvguy

MvKeeper said:
is there anything else I should do or anything I should not do???

Well, absolutely NEVER wash a car in the sun. Not sure how you're going to get around this one. Maybe a portable tent of some sort?
pacotaco

FranticFocus05

Established Member
Thanks for the ideas and info so far, my gf decided she had to do the fliers so those will probably be posted this weekend. Now all I really need is to figure out how much to charge.

My sister is supose to be letting me wax her protoge sometime soon so I can practice, who knows when she will be around though.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Here is a quick flyer I threw together. It's cheesy I know, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
AtYourDoorDetailingBlk.gif

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
If I was you, I would find a picture of a car online that was much nicer (like a Mercedes or BMW) to appeal to the wealthy. Also, summer is "coming" not "comming." Good luck! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread