End of 2005 season Track meet 10/30/05

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
69redmach1 said:
No, can't make it, I was going to go to NED later in the afternoon, that usually is the best chance to make runs. Too bad, yesterday with the good air my car laid down 532hp/507lb-ft Uncorrected----510/486 SAE corrected so eyeryone would be super fast today as I think the air is even better, well below 0 DA.
Pete

In a couple of weeks I'm going to need some tuning time. Will you have the time?

It's too bad that they are only running 1/8th mile today because folks would be hammering given the current weather conditions. :shrug:

Mark

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
69redmach1 said:
No, can't make it, I was going to go to NED later in the afternoon, that usually is the best chance to make runs. Too bad, yesterday with the good air my car laid down 532hp/507lb-ft Uncorrected----510/486 SAE corrected so eyeryone would be super fast today as I think the air is even better, well below 0 DA.
Pete

wow..os from the cold a gian of 22rwhp and tq roughly? thats mint

69redmach1

Established Member
Yes, we have time. I finaly tried one of the Mafextenders the other day, worked very well, I'll definitely be buying more. Much easier to install than a BA2400. I was going to bring my 69 Mach down today and finish off the nitrous bottle, oh well.
Pete

69redmach1

Established Member
BADASS03SVT said:
wow..os from the cold a gian of 22rwhp and tq roughly? thats mint

I know, I still may go down this afternoon late and try some 1/8th mile runs, I'll call the track and see how busy it is. We dynoed a Lightning yesterday and got the same results. When it's 90deg out I've seen 20hp less than SAE so these cars could see a range of 20+ rwhp either way depending on air quality.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
69redmach1 said:
Yes, we have time. I finaly tried one of the Mafextenders the other day, worked very well, I'll definitely be buying more. Much easier to install than a BA2400. I was going to bring my 69 Mach down today and finish off the nitrous bottle, oh well.
Pete

Good deal Pete. I'll be in touch and I'll bring some more MAFX and a modded FPDM when I come.

Mark

Fdawg97lx

Established Member
i ended up not going to lebanon. drank way to much last night and just woke up. ned is retarded. i dont see any good reason to run 1/8 mile on a 1/4 track

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Well I got 3 runs in this morning....I didn't hear any news of expanding to 1/4. The pits were packed!! I was lucky and got there early (1st run I was in 3rd row) and when I left David was getting his 1st run in. It was better than nothing and I got to try the new tires out. :rockon:

Everyone from Sunoco to the track was bitching hard core about the 1/8. I donno why they dind't open it up. It is awsome out! :bored:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
EastCoast5.0 said:
Well I got 3 runs in this morning....I didn't hear any news of expanding to 1/4. The pits were packed!! I was lucky and got there early (1st run I was in 3rd row) and when I left David was getting his 1st run in. It was better than nothing and I got to try the new tires out. :rockon:

Everyone from Sunoco to the track was bitching hard core about the 1/8. I donno why they dind't open it up. It is awsome out! :bored:

ohhh u left early...Dave was looking for a ride...... :nonono:

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
It's too bad, that many of us didn't better last years ET record.
Jake and Pete are two of the exceptions. Good ET's guys!
Mark will be the Cobra ET King next season !!!

TTA89

Established Member
I guess that means I get to brag about being the only 10 second 03/04 Cobra for the next 6 months at NED. :rockon:

Hey David, I hope you got the car home alright. I was up at NHIS all day racing, sorry! :??:

Pete! 532?!?! I need to come up and get some internet numbers soon! Maybe I'll see 700+ Torque with the Nawwws :loser:

69redmach1

Established Member
I left the track at 5:15pm tonight and Dave was still waiting for a wrecker. SVT's roadside assistance plan is not very good, he had been waiting 4 hours when I left.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
69redmach1 said:
I left the track at 5:15pm tonight and Dave was still waiting for a wrecker. SVT's roadside assistance plan is not very good, he had been waiting 4 hours when I left.

oh man...

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
TTA89 said:
I guess that means I get to brag about being the only 10 second 03/04 Cobra for the next 6 months at NED. :rockon:

Hey David, I hope you got the car home alright. I was up at NHIS all day racing, sorry! :??:

Pete! 532?!?! I need to come up and get some internet numbers soon! Maybe I'll see 700+ Torque with the Nawwws :loser:

Your the king Mike...for this year...no one can take that away..none of this it should, I could, it will, BS.....you ran the number...an thats that PERIOD!

Dave

TTA89

Established Member
Ah I was just kidding Dave, I don't care if you guys beat me. I just wanted a 10 and I got it. I hope you guys all surpass me next year, these cars rule!

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
69redmach1 said:
Shit thats horrible!! David, if I had known I'd DEFINATLY woulda gave you a hand or something man :(. I musta left right when it happened. I really hope you made it home alright. :(

Pale Snake

Established Member
Sorry to hear about that Dave, hope everything worked out. I know the feeling completely smoked my clutch on a Friday night street night and ended up sitting under the NED sign waiting on a flatbed!!

Users who are viewing this thread