Emissions testing

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Depends really on where your cars registered i do believe.:shrug:

This.

I'm stationed in AZ and my vehicles are registered here so I get mine checked every other year. But my license is Texas(resident of). So because of that I can get an "in lieu of" form so I don't have to pay the registration taxes here:dancenana::dancenana:

To add to this though. You HAVE to have current registration in whatever state it is that you register your vehicle. I got mine registered in AZ so I wouldn't have to drive back to Texas every year and do the inspection there.

Last edited:

05saleent

Established Member
I'm in S.C. No emissions tests here, not even a vehicle inspection. Since I am not a state resident I also don't pay vehicle tax. I think it's about $35 a year for my car.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
California, your supposed to meet CA emissions, even on non CA vehicles before you can get a base sticker.. the last 3 times I've gotten my stickers, they havn't asked to see the emissions test..

Shenanigans

Established Member
Thanks much appreciated fellas.

This.

I'm stationed in AZ and my vehicles are registered here so I get mine checked every other year. But my license is Texas(resident of). So because of that I can get an "in lieu of" form so I don't have to pay the registration taxes here:dancenana::dancenana:

To add to this though. You HAVE to have current registration in whatever state it is that you register your vehicle. I got mine registered in AZ so I wouldn't have to drive back to Texas every year and do the inspection there.

California, your supposed to meet CA emissions, even on non CA vehicles before you can get a base sticker.. the last 3 times I've gotten my stickers, they havn't asked to see the emissions test..

Users who are viewing this thread