Emissions Questions

Goose727

I feel the need....
Established Member
How do I register a car in California with an HP twin turbo kit,Hellion,Cpe...etc. when its against the law? This car needs Cali registration because of my job. How can I get around all this smog BS? I need help here! :shrug:

crizzut

Established Member
my suggestion, if needed, replace the parts needed to pass smog, smog it register it, then throw the other stuff back on, but I don't know if you can do anything else because you're from another state.

Goose727

I feel the need....
Established Member
crizzut said:
my suggestion, if needed, replace the parts needed to pass smog, smog it register it, then throw the other stuff back on, but I don't know if you can do anything else because you're from another state.

Well I live in CA, I just bought the car in GA. The guy I'm buying the car from lives 20 min from Modular Performance, and it would save me money just taking the car to them and installing the kit. The problem comes when I ship it home here to lovely Ca, they open the hood and fail me on the visual inspection.

Is there an Offroad/Race registration for vehicles? This car would be a weekend daily driver for the most part.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
i believe there is a sort of offraod or race registration, however that means you cant drive it on public roads. its meant for race cars. in order to pass smog, every part that connects to the motor and from the cats forward must either be OEM or have a CARB EO number for that application. i can tell you that teh turbos have to come off.

Users who are viewing this thread