Emissions in New Jersey?

ad2330

Established Member
I've got a guy interested in buying my car, but he's unsure of emission challenges he may have in NJ. Being from the Midwest I obviously don't have a clue about the challenges faced when trying to pass emissions in the Northeast.

Can someone chime in and let me know if this is an issue?

Blueline

Established Member
If he registers the car as a collectors vehicle, state only checks that the odometer is working and he is limited to 6k miles in the two year period the inspection is good for. If he goes over the 6 k miles they revoke his collectors status.

Reg. inspection he has to pass emissions, visual (cats) and OBDII scan. I believe they allow one monitor to not be ready. So he will need emissions equip. To pass at a state facility.

ad2330

Established Member
If he registers the car as a collectors vehicle, state only checks that the odometer is working and he is limited to 6k miles in the two year period the inspection is good for. If he goes over the 6 k miles they revoke his collectors status.

Reg. inspection he has to pass emissions, visual (cats) and OBDII scan. I believe they allow one monitor to not be ready. So he will need emissions equip. To pass at a state facility.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread