Emissions hook up in Dallas?

dc3843

Established Member
Just recently moved back to Dallas and have a car that is due inspection this month and don't know anyone here. Anyone have a hook up? PM me with details if you got em....

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
Why not get it done in a different county? It's only $14.50 without emissions.

because that is illegal as well, and quite obvious when your car is registered in an emissions county, and you have that red (its still red, right?) non-obd sticker on your windshield....

dvtr-

Established Member
Tell your tuner to turn those sensors off that throw out the codes and youll be fine. Most dont do sniffer tests anyway they just plug and play.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Tell your tuner to turn those sensors off that throw out the codes and youll be fine. Most dont do sniffer tests anyway they just plug and play.

yup, obd2 vehicles are just plugged in and they check to see if sensors are in ready status. thats it.

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member

doesnt usually work. when a sensor is turned off, it is "not ready"

yup, obd2 vehicles are just plugged in and they check to see if sensors are in ready status. thats it.

yes. and as stated before, most software (including SCT software) can turn off most sensors, however, that sensor now becomes "not ready" and in texas, all cars 2001 and newer can only have 1 not ready and still pass. 2000 and older, i believe can have 2 not ready

I ran into that problem, when they changed the law years ago, to only 1 not ready. Had the EGR and 2nd O2 turned off, and after the law changed, i no longer passed.

jcthorne

Established Member
because that is illegal as well, and quite obvious when your car is registered in an emissions county, and you have that red (its still red, right?) non-obd sticker on your windshield....

Actually stickers in non-emissions counties are blue. So are the stickers for older emissions exempt diesels. The inspection station is also required to check registration address as well. If you are in an emissions inspection zip code, you have to go to a station in the emissions inspection area.

Last edited:

dvtr-

Established Member
doesnt usually work. when a sensor is turned off, it is "not ready"

yes. and as stated before, most software (including SCT software) can turn off most sensors, however, that sensor now becomes "not ready" and in texas, all cars 2001 and newer can only have 1 not ready and still pass. 2000 and older, i believe can have 2 not ready

I ran into that problem, when they changed the law years ago, to only 1 not ready. Had the EGR and 2nd O2 turned off, and after the law changed, i no longer passed.

I just did this a couple months ago..... Why would I tell the man to do something that wont work? 1st hand experience...

Users who are viewing this thread