Emission test with the 13-6 kit

smoothblue

Established Member
I bought and had the kit installed. Drives great car sat all winter with no battery. Put a battery in drove it. Got the letter for the emissions test. Went and failed the monitors were not on. They asked if the car sits for the winter or new battery. I said just put the battery in a week ago. They said drive it. So I did. Went back failed again. Contacted Van he said it should be fine put the stock tune on and go pass the test don't go into boost. So I did drove it for a day 1/2. Contacted Lund who did the tune. They said that the monitors are on. Went to test and failed. The check engine came on... Went to Ford they scanned it and air fuel codes came up. They said go home disconnect the battery and the put the tune back in. They know that the car is tuned. So I did that. Car runs great. 2 tanks of gas I went back to Ford rescan. 3 codes can up and he cleared them. Started the car and the came back. Here are the codes
P1101(air mass)
P1888(diff oil temp)
P188E(oil pressure pump circuit)
Contacted a local tuner and he said I would have to put the car back to stock and stock tune to pass.... Question is are the codes able to be deleted if i put the stock tune back. Delete the codes then put the tune back on???? Please help I have till the 30 to pass. Van any info will help. Thank you so much for all your help so far.....

djniknala

Established Member
Stock intake and stock tune then you should pass. The P1888 is because you don't have the diff cooler and he automatically has that in his tuned strategy. It's a soft code and won't trigger a CEL. It won't be in your stock tune if you don't have the option.

Users who are viewing this thread