Emission Station Question

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
Okay, we need to take the Comp O to have its emission test done. I doubt it would have any problem passing but it sits pretty low. The local station to us(Bel Air) forced Mel to drive mine across the rollers even though he told them it wouldnt make it and almost ripped my exhaust off, so I have heard that some places will give a 2 year waiver to cars that wont make it across because they are too low, why they just cant let you drive it around and then plug it in :shrug:. Anyone know any places. We live in Harford Co but can go to Balt Co or alittle further.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Lorrie, two years ago, they WOULD NOT allow the tester to drive my Cobra across the rollers. Evidently there was a lowered Vette a month earlier that had sustained some decent damage and the VEIP station was held responsible.

Last Tuesday I went again and the tester was rareing to drive it over the rollers and I said no that I'd pull around and back it in. He was fine with that and within 5 minutes had doen the test and was on my way.

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
Lorrie, two years ago, they WOULD NOT allow the tester to drive my Cobra across the rollers. Evidently there was a lowered Vette a month earlier that had sustained some decent damage and the VEIP station was held responsible.

Last Tuesday I went again and the tester was rareing to drive it over the rollers and I said no that I'd pull around and back it in. He was fine with that and within 5 minutes had doen the test and was on my way.

Thats fine, I just wanted to make sure. I will be moved to violence if they mess up one of the cars again :). He did get the emission's test for free with mine though :)

wheelhopper

Established Member
Down here in good ol' Calvert County, the man in charge of emissions gave me a waiver after I went inside and said I think my car is to low to go over the rollers. He walked out, said "I think you're right" and gave me a waiver.

hook982

Suicide Blonde...
Established Member
I took mine to Forrest Hill and they gave me a waiver because it sat too low. Lady told me just to bring back the car and waiver in 2 years, and I would get another, no questions asked. Don't even have to pay for emissions!

BlackSunshine13

"The Princess"
Established Member
I took mine to Forrest Hill and they gave me a waiver because it sat too low. Lady told me just to bring back the car and waiver in 2 years, and I would get another, no questions asked. Don't even have to pay for emissions!

Thats where we took mine last year!!! Maybe mine was an example to them :shrug:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Waldorf did the same thing. The lady already put everything in the computer before I told them it was too low. She and another guy looked under the car a few times, the dude even commented that the supercharger sounded good, but neither of them noticed the missing cats under there... Backed up and got my 2 year waiver and money back.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member

D, did you go to the station on 29? I'm going today, and deciding between that and Redland. Do people behind you have to back up to let you out. I was thinking of going to the office first and asking them there if I should just back in.

Sucks driving it in the wet this AM after washing it yesterday just to get it tested sometime this week. :bash:

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Okay, we need to take the Comp O to have its emission test done. I doubt it would have any problem passing but it sits pretty low. The local station to us(Bel Air) forced Mel to drive mine across the rollers even though he told them it wouldnt make it and almost ripped my exhaust off, so I have heard that some places will give a 2 year waiver to cars that wont make it across because they are too low, why they just cant let you drive it around and then plug it in :shrug:. Anyone know any places. We live in Harford Co but can go to Balt Co or alittle further.

Come on down to Glen Burnie, once they see the car they will wither give you a waiver or just drive oit around back and plug it in. But they also have a bay with no rollers that you can drive thru and have tested. It is located on Ordanance Road.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
D, did you go to the station on 29? I'm going today, and deciding between that and Redland. Do people behind you have to back up to let you out. I was thinking of going to the office first and asking them there if I should just back in.

Sucks driving it in the wet this AM after washing it yesterday just to get it tested sometime this week. :bash:
Yes Greg, the one on 29. Usually they send you around before you pull into the bay. Last week, I pulled into the bay, paid the guy, told him I wasn't driving over the rollers, then backed up and drove around the building, and backed into his bay. Plenty of room to back out. No fuss, no muss.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I am not lowered but the one on 29 requested me to drive over the rollers. I did with no problems but for some reason they were not going to attempt it. Experience, I guess.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I think I would have been OK to clear them in the past, but Billy just custom made an X-brace to go around my Canton oil pan, and now it's the lowest part of the car.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Went to Redland yesterday. While waiting in line, I noticed a guy in a white VEIP walked by and gave me a thumbs up.

The inspection guy asked me to pull car over the rollers by myself. No problems.
As the inspector was plugged in, the guy in the white shirt came by. Turns out he runs the joint and is into early Mustangs.
He helped a friend, who has an early Shelby, restore a 67 from the ground up. We talked cars for a few minutes. Was cool.

Users who are viewing this thread