Emission readiness and MIL's

silverserpant

Established Member
We just changed the emission testing here from the rollers to emission readiness only testing. Does anyone have experience with passing the test with mil"s installed?

I know it wont pass the visual but most shops are too lazy to check so I'm nit overly concerned about that portion.

cobra1977

Established Member
Hey bro i see your from windsor I am to. I had my emission test done before all this shit so i could beat it by two years so i'm good for now. I have an 04 and i think if u plug in any of the new scanner's they have a I/M status if it checks all ready. u should be fine we are also going to have to have all perameters ready so no way around it. Mine was tuned with 02's and egr off so i have to put back to stock except exhaust. Im running magnaflow high flow catted x pipe and last time i was on stock tune no engine lights came on and it passed emissions with flying colors. hope that helps. If u have x3sct tuner put car back to stock and drive untill all sensors check and if u have no cats then u better put back the old catted pipe.

hope to see u driving around fellow windsorite>

Last edited:

silverserpant

Established Member
Ya I went last october and had a 2 step idle test, so I'm good for a few years. I just swapped to a offroad prochamber and do not want to switch the cats back and go threw all the bs of the drive cycle to get it ready. I have 3 mid pipes and the stock one so I should have one to get me threw.

I cant go back to a stock tune because of all the mods with maf and injectors. I have all the emissions turned on in the tune but I just dont want to have bs come 2014

cobra1977

Established Member
I have read alot of posts when i was getting my midpipe and i decided to go with a catted one because of all the bull. There is a bunch of guys on here that can't pass the obd2 emission test with mil's because of the not ready status. We would be ok if we could have one read not ready but i guess they say all have to be functioning.

Now (not applicable) I think may pass the scanner tool but i don't know if the one hooked up the dmv will pass because of what they have in there database knowing what our cars are supposed to have from the factory. This is going to be a mess. My tuner disable 2 on my car or else i would be fine

Last edited:

cobra1977

Established Member
Dude now im curios i just finished reading emissions ontario on the website and they say that we can have 1 not ready status and still pass. hope that passes for u . for me i have to to upload stock tune and take my pulley off and idlers and put some k's on to get them ready. f*******k

Users who are viewing this thread