Electropolishing Stainless MAF pipe..Contact info?

KEVINS

Established Member
Anyone recommend a place that can electropolish a stainless steel MAF pipe? If not I'll see what I can find through Google.

tia
ks

CV355

_
Established Member
Does it need to be electro-polished? Most of the places we use are based out of Michigan.

I've polished stainless by hand plenty of times- quite enjoyable actually.

KEVINS

Established Member
Does it need to be electro-polished? Most of the places we use are based out of Michigan.

I've polished stainless by hand plenty of times- quite enjoyable actually.

Probably not. I guess as long as it looks chrome plated I don't care what process is used.

ks

CV355

_
Established Member
Probably not. I guess as long as it looks chrome plated I don't care what process is used.
ks

If you hand polish starting with 2000 sandpaper, 3000 sandpaper, then wheel buffer, you can get it looking like chrome if it is good material. I have used Simichrome polish for the finishing touch and it is amazing. First used it at work about 12 years ago- polished up some stainless tooling to reduce friction and was hooked.

https://www.simichrome.com/

Only thing you might want to consider is clear-coating the stainless after you're done. Stainless isn't totally "stainless" unless it has high chromium and nickel content, and a good surface finish (3xx series is better than 4xx series for corrosion resistance). Honestly it'd be a fun little project.

CV355

_
Established Member
Lincoln NE

ks

Hmm, I may not be of much help unless you'd want to ship it out pretty far. There are local places around here that can handle it (Atlanta and Charlotte), and quite a few in Michigan.

KEVINS

Established Member
I sent out for quotes to about 6 places around the US for now and I'll see what they come back with.
I haven't made the stainless version yet. Mine current one is aluminum that I need to remake so I'm getting quotes on polishing a SS version (preferred) or chroming a new aluminum one.

My swing out roll bar pieces are out being chromed now and I need to have the throttle body elbow re-powder coated so while the car was down I wanted to try and get this MAF pipe remade before the car shows start up.

ks

Users who are viewing this thread