electronics going crazy, car wont start...

007snake

mechanical music
Established Member
I came out of lowes and got in my car, turned the key and the electronics started flashing, sounded like a faucet running under the stearing column, radio on, alarm goes off, clicking at rear area. maybe fuel pump, car will not crank. Put jumper cables on it cranked a real little. Thinking I sould disconnect battery and let computer reset? Try and reload my tune?- has been fine, sct tune changed 6 mos ago, no issues... any suggestions?

007snake

mechanical music
Established Member
Picked up a walmart battery, (of course it's going back tomorrow), and headed back to parking lot. Tried removing cables, cleaning terminals, still dead alarm went off a few times, put new battery in and problem solved. I have only owned the car for a year and it does appear to be the original, thanks to everyone. (did try bypassing the terminals when jumping, didn't work).

I thought I would ask here first, you are my support team.

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member
I was going to suggest NOT trying to start someone else's car :poke: I've seen people trying to get into someone else's car :bash:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
Picked up a walmart battery, (of course it's going back tomorrow), and headed back to parking lot. Tried removing cables, cleaning terminals, still dead alarm went off a few times, put new battery in and problem solved. I have only owned the car for a year and it does appear to be the original, thanks to everyone. (did try bypassing the terminals when jumping, didn't work).

I thought I would ask here first, you are my support team.

Yup, mine did the same thing last month. Same week as the P. Lotto battery buying going on as the cold sets in. Glad it wasn't anything more. Be sure to get a battery tender on that thing. If you don't drive it for a week, it will drain.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I hook up my Tender once a month, Motorcraft battery is now 6 years old (of course I had the Odyssey in most summers when racing).

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member
I hook up my Tender once a month, Motorcraft battery is now 6 years old (of course I had the Odyssey in most summers when racing).

My car still has the original battery :banana::burnout: beat that!!

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
These cars have so much going on that it tends to happen..especially if they sit. Hmm...maybe I better go start mine tonight..or better yet this weekend and go for a spin. I have a battery tender to which works great....:)

Glad to hear you got it fixed Mark!

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Glad you got it figured out and the solution was relatively simple. I guess the 07's are nearly 7 years old now and even with low mileage, the ole batteries are getting to that point.

My car has sat for extended time period of up to a month on several occasions and have never had a problem with it not starting right back up without a tender. Interesting.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I had to google battery tender...why have I not heard of these before lol? Sounds like a good investment!

Last edited:

TonyUMD

If I hear that again...
Established Member
I had to google battery tender...why have I not heard of these before lol? Sounds like a good investment!

images

007snake

mechanical music
Established Member
now I know. I would have thought of the battery first if it wasn't for the alarm going off many times and the radio going crazy...just went for a nice drive - love this weather!

Users who are viewing this thread