Electronic Dampners

Extreme281

Banned
How adjustable are the struts on the 2013 Performance Package ?Does it have a 90/10 to 70/30 and so fourth adjustment and are the rear adjustable as well .Bought lowering springs and the idea is to drag race mine not corner,wonder if i can keep my stock Performance Pack Biltstein struts rather than buying Strange 10way adjustable front struts .So the comparision would be the factory adjustable PP Struts vs Strange 10way single adjustable struts ?

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
The Performance Pack Biltstein struts only have two positions, Normal and Sport. The switch position affects both front and rear shocks. I haven't read anything about the equivalent shock ratings

Last edited:

Myfast70

Established Member
They have only two settings that are adjusted from the dash. One is called "Normal" which is a softer setting and the other is "Sport" which is a stiffer setting. They are a 50/50 shock and when the settings are switched it just simply makes the car (shock) stiffer or softer.

It would be awesome if they were able to have selectable drag type settings.

Extreme281

Banned
They have only two settings that are adjusted from the dash. One is called "Normal" which is a softer setting and the other is "Sport" which is a stiffer setting. They are a 50/50 shock and when the settings are switched it just simply makes the car (shock) stiffer or softer.

It would be awesome if they were able to have selectable drag type settings.

Yup that would be awesome.

Myfast70

Established Member
How cool would it be to be able to rewrite the software to use the magnetic shocks from the ZL1 and be able to have a 10 way option from normal street driving to drag strip to the road course. I would gladly pay some sort of upgrade fee for that type of adjustability. I found the ZL1 struts online for $400 each. I just had to have my SVTPP adjustable rears swapped under warranty (the ticket would have been $760 if outside the warranty period).

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I was also going to ask a similar question.
Would it be possible to have the stock 2-way Bilsteins re-valved to allow a street and a drag setting? hmmm.....I bet many people would be interested.
-J

shelbysvt

Established Member
It would be cool if someone made a shock setting for the bilsteins that allows them to be softer.

Essentially tuned for normal on street and sport on street. That is the problem with Ford tuning this car on the nurburgring or any manufactuer tuning on that track makes the car too stiff.

That is part of the reason the new mclaren feels like a rolls royce. Also part of the reason the f1 was very smooth too because they were made for the road where people are 99% of the time

Last edited:

Myfast70

Established Member
If you want to seriously drag race the car the Strange Shocks are going to be hands down better than the electronic Bilsteins.

True and that's what I have on my Fox body. But in a perfect world it would be great to have a fully adjustable electronic shock. :coolman:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If you want to seriously drag race the car the Strange Shocks are going to be hands down better than the electronic Bilsteins.

Agreed, I have strange DAs on my drag Fox. I will be ordering a 2014 GT500 (and lots of mods from you ;) ) and it will be just for street, occ. drag.
For guys like me, having the 2-mode bilsteins is perfect, if they could be re-valved for a firm/street and soft/drag settings it would be ideal.
-J
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread