electrical question

BossHogg

Established Member
so in the past couple of weeks some weird stuff has been happenin,

1st -Sometimes the windshield wipers won't turn on, it'll be raining and i go to turn the wipers on and they wont turn on then all of a sudden 4-5 minutes later they just kick on and start working, its not like this all the time just like once or twice a week? (also when this happens i cant turn OD off)

2nd I have a pioneer headunit and in the past couple of weeks twice i have shut the truck off and went inside i come out later open the truck door and music is playing and the cd player is on put the truck is not,

the truck runs great and i have had no problems other then these 2 weird situations, so today i go outside to start my truck and it wont start wont kick over at all its like the battery is dead but, i didnt leave any light switches on and this time i actually had the headunit detached so it could not play any music?

FordBoIE

Orgasm_donor
Established Member
listen to all ur speakers up close, is there static comin out of any of them? while car is off, nothing on. i had a problem like this with my t/a, not exactly the same as my situation. Check all your headunit/speaker wires.

krzemienr

NOS Doesn't Make You Cool
Established Member
do your wiper blades turn on in park or neutral? this happened to me.. replaced all relays and nothing changed, wipers wouldn't work in drive or reverse only neutral and park... i actually got a hyper grounding kit cuz i found one in my buddy's garage and the problem went away.. not sure if this is the real answer to the problem but it solved it...

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Look in your owners manual for the applicable fuses and relays. Check all the fuses and remove, inspect and reinstall the relays. Also ensure your battery is in proper working order. Do you have an aftermarket alarm system? Sounds like you have some wiring issues somewhere possibly. Who installed the head unit? Give everything a thorough going over.

BossHogg

Established Member
headunit was installed by circuit city, i feel like ive had the cd player in for 5-6 months with no problems untill just recently, i just got a jump from my dad and the truck was running for 15 minutes i was standing outside the truck and the parking lights turned on but the switch on the inside of the truck is shut off, starting make sounds like someone had a vacuum on around the truck and inside of it and then it just shut off and wouldnt start.... im gonna have my battery tested and most likely replaced tmw, anyone have suggestions on what kind of battery to get? also no aftermarket alarm

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
Could it be the steering column wiring harness? If there is a grounding issue, it can cause some strange stuff as well. Check your body and battery grounds.

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member
How many miles are on your Lightning? How many keys are on your key chain? Ignition switches wear out prematurely, bind and wont power up/ turn off certain systems when there are a lot of keys ( or other things on the key chains) and will have symptoms just like you are having.

BossHogg

Established Member
it has around 32-33k miles, and my keychain only has like 3 keys including the truck key and then the clicker

BossHogg

Established Member
Does anyone know what the part is that is under the air filter it says KELSEY HAYES made in America its makin a ratchet sounding noise when the truck is off, this mechanic i know said it sounds like i got some water under the hood and its shorting stuff out :read:

Users who are viewing this thread