Electrical Problem

Ltnstrk

Established Member
Guys I really need help. Just recently I installed a new audio system into my 2000 truck which included a new deck, amp, and a sub. I was listening to it for about a day and all of a sudden I lost power to my deck, and amp while driving. I stopped maybe 10 min later to get some food and rolled up the windows. After eating I started the truck and as I expected there was no power to the deck and this time the windows would not roll down. I checked the fuses that have to deal with the radio but they are all in good condition. What could the problem be, Ground, relays, what? Please help, thank you
Mike

Black Sleeper

Established Member
Who did the install? Sounds like a possiable ground problem? Did you check the Big fuse that was installed for the system? If that is blown the radio will turn on but you will have no sound. the amp/amps will not turn on. as for the windows IDK what would cause that. maby thare is a short somwhare? Good luck!! Electrical problems are a pain in the ass.

|SvT-TiPsY|

Go Cubs.....WooT!
Established Member
My aftermarket alarm just crapped out on me while I was on deployment....now my windshield wipers only work in park and neutral....the doors lock themselves as soon as you try to unlock the truck and open the door.....so i feel your pain....electrical problems suck ass....good luck with everything....

Mike

Black Sleeper

Established Member
do you have an aftermarket alarm? if so just like SvT-TiPsY said a bad alarm system can cause all sorts of problems!! The door locks will go crazy and then just burn out and not work any more.

Users who are viewing this thread