Electrical problem ONLY while data logging

Saleen405

Established Member
I seem to be having a problem with my car only while I datalog. I plug the SCT handheld into the OBDII port, and then the handheld into the laptop. While everything is plugged in and the car is running, the check engine light randomly blinks every 10 or so seconds, and the tach becomes to be sluggish and doesn't respond as usual. The tach also sometimes drops to 0 rpm and then back up. Again this only happens when I datalog the car. Any ideas?

svtguy

Established Member
I seem to be having a problem with my car only while I datalog. I plug the SCT handheld into the OBDII port, and then the handheld into the laptop. While everything is plugged in and the car is running, the check engine light randomly blinks every 10 or so seconds, and the tach becomes to be sluggish and doesn't respond as usual. The tach also sometimes drops to 0 rpm and then back up. Again this only happens when I datalog the car. Any ideas?

I saw the same thing happen on a 02 Lightning being dataloged while on the dyno. None of the data ever dropped out of livelink.

Paul.

watman02

Established Member
mine drops out the entire cluster when Im data logging usually only happens when the laptop is hot and after being hooked up and running for several min. also the data on the screen is lost when this happens.

Saleen405

Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys.

mine drops out the entire cluster when Im data logging usually only happens when the laptop is hot and after being hooked up and running for several min. also the data on the screen is lost when this happens.

When this happens, does your odometer show (----------)? My data isn't lost tho.

gconnoyer

any update/solution for this guys?

I just eaton swapped an 01 cobra and am having the same issue.
Car was 100% stock before so no logger/tuner was probably ever hooked up before

SNK-BITE

Established Member
Same issue until I started using livelink gen2. All is good now. Sct has no valid fix for using the older versions of livelink. Atleast that's what I was told.

Saleen405

Established Member
Same issue until I started using livelink gen2. All is good now. Sct has no valid fix for using the older versions of livelink. Atleast that's what I was told.

Next time I log the car, I'll try it with the Gen II and see what happens. Thanks!

01yellercobra

Established Member
There isn't a fix. It's a known issue and there's a long thread over on the PRP forum. Are you guys using X3's?

DetroitSVT

Established Member
A little off topic but for those who bought PRP and have accessed the SCT forums. Can you post to the forums? (Reply, start thread, etc.) I have PRP and have access to the forums but can't post to them. Just wondering if that is the norm.

Users who are viewing this thread