Electrical issue - NO Interior lights, No Radio, NO Turn Signals - but fuses OK?

lucheski

Established Member
Have electrical problem. I have no lights in the interior, no radio, no windshield washers, no turn signals, no dome light or door chime.

Power windows work
but Power Door locks do not work?

Good fuses under hood and under dash?

Any ideas?

94slowbra1

Established Member
Not much help but I'm saying a ground. I had something similar, different components involved, but it ended up being a ground.
Any work done recently that may have caused it?

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Do all your external lights turn on and what fuses did you check. If you only did a visual check on the fuses I would ohm the out with a voltmeter, gonna do some digging in the schematics and report back.

Is there any difference between RUN and ACC positions with the key. Still digging...

Do you have a voltmeter??? I have some checks for you but you will need a voltmeter to start chasing voltages.

Last edited:

lucheski

Established Member
Not much help but I'm saying a ground. I had something similar, different components involved, but it ended up being a ground.
Any work done recently that may have caused it?

I agree it may be a ground. It does a full all gauges sweep everytime I start and run the car. I checked the grounds but I will check again

lucheski

Established Member
Do all your external lights turn on and what fuses did you check. If you only did a visual check on the fuses I would ohm the out with a voltmeter, gonna do some digging in the schematics and report back.

Is there any difference between RUN and ACC positions with the key. Still digging...

Do you have a voltmeter??? I have some checks for you but you will need a voltmeter to start chasing voltages.

External lights work, except for turn signals. I visually checked all the fuses on the underhood power distribution block at driver size fenderwell and under the dash. I have a voltmeter and will pull the fuses and check them for resistance. They should be zero or close to zero.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Correct, zero or close to zero. Ask me why a visual doesnt always cut it lol. If I were you I would track one thing down at a time to find whats going on, pick something easy and accessible. Think dome light vs radio power. Do you have the schematics yet???

lucheski

Established Member
Correct, zero or close to zero. Ask me why a visual doesnt always cut it lol. If I were you I would track one thing down at a time to find whats going on, pick something easy and accessible. Think dome light vs radio power. Do you have the schematics yet???
I don't have repair manual, I might subscribe to one of those online ones if I don't figure this out in the next couple days

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Near the bottom is a link for the service manual, awesome website too. Tons of info there.

SVT

I would start looking real hard at all the wiring around the motor for damage or loose connections.

lucheski

Established Member
checked all fueses underhood and underdash with ohmeter -- all tested good
Checked and got 0 ohms resistance between body and engine block
Checked and got 0 ohms resistance between NEGATIVE battery terminal and body

Added extra 4 gauge ground between body and engine block

Found broken disconnected power for aftermarket radio (it had slipped out of the butt connected)
Found noise suppressor disconnected on back of head

Users who are viewing this thread