electric fans

Country

My Cobra is forsale
Established Member
I drove from Savannah to damn near Atlanta last night to buy my first
Terminator and the seller delivering the car said the fan started making
a noise and went out. He also said the car got hot and he limped it home.
My question is fan problem something that just happens? The car had 68k
with minor bolt ons.

fred50stang

Established Member
Mine did the same thing about 6 months ago. I picked one up at the local junk yard from a 01 GT for $60. Same fan, but I think one of the letters in the part number was different. Probly signifying that its for cobra or year model. I have had NO issues with heat or overheating, and yes its hot here. Easy swap too.

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
27K here and lost the fan a few months ago. Not cheap either, like ~$300 thru the stealership..

Then I lost the battery. And now the alternator..:dw:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
27K here and lost the fan a few months ago. Not cheap either, like ~$300 thru the stealership..

Then I lost the battery. And now the alternator..:dw:

If anyone still needs one of these just PM me or call us during regular daytime business hours, I gaurantee the best price on a new OEM fan. :beer:

mccoigk

BLUSN8K
Established Member
What should be the first thing you check when your fan stops working? This just happened to me a week ago on my '03. Anyone know where to look/how to troubleshoot? I would rather check a fuse or a relay before I go spending money on a brand new fan!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone know where to look/how to troubleshoot? I would rather check a fuse or a relay before I go spending money on a brand new fan!
Check the fuse first, it's one of the big ones on the end... you can find the location in your owner's manual. If it's blown you can replace it but the fan is probably toast anyway.

mccoigk

BLUSN8K
Established Member
Check the fuse first, it's one of the big ones on the end... you can find the location in your owner's manual. If it's blown you can replace it but the fan is probably toast anyway.

All these newer cars with fuses under the hood.... Whatever happened to under the dash?!? Now I have look in 2 places.
Anyway, wouldnt you know it: checked the fuse and it was indeed blown. So I replaced it and let the car warm up until the fan turned on. Upon startup it made a horrific scraping noise like a bad bearing or something to that effect. I checked and there isnt anything obstructing it, its not bent, the blades arent touching anything, so I can only conclude the fan motor is toast. Not to mention the electrical burning smell.
So I guess I need a new fan now....

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
I"m running a 15 inch or 16 inch spal i picked up on ebay when mine went out
i was able to slightly modify the stock shroud to accept it, and it keeps it nice and cool and only pulls like 8 amps or something. to say the least, the idle doesn't dip anymore like it used to with the stocker when the fan kicked on.

Users who are viewing this thread