Electric Fan & Thermostat

aleon

Established Member
Thinking of getting an e-fan and 170 degree stat. I've heard from some people that it's not worth it. Any takes on this? Should I waste my $$$ or save it for somethig else?

Tony

latemodelracer2

Boosted Beyond bolt ons
Established Member
I think it all depends on your current mods and how you use your L. I personally couldnt see spending that much on it like a Throttle body untill i had done all the big gain power adders. Weigh out what mods you have and what the next ones you have to choose from. Go with the one thatll give you the most Bang for your buck.

SpankDog

Established Member
i am really happy with my e-fans but for the money the gain is little. they do let your truck heat up faster and cool down quicker too. the engine revs a lil quicker also

SlammedSVT

Who's ya Daddy?
Established Member
Originally posted by SpankDog
i am really happy with my e-fans but for the money the gain is little. they do let your truck heat up faster and cool down quicker too. the engine revs a lil quicker also

They say they help gas? True? or False? Thanks Aaron

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
it's one of the best mods there is, just don't go waisting $500.00 on it. you can do it yourself for les than $150

Originally posted by conleymotorspts
Going to a electric fan helps alot at the track when you are trying to cool down between rounds. I think it is very much a worth while mod just for that reason.

I disagree, there is no real advantage to that, proven anyway.

I gained a little over a MPG with mine in the summer time. You should rev quicker and gain a little power. I think they are really worth it in the hot climate.

jakhammer

Established Member
The only reason i have them on my list is to save the gas. If I gain some fuel milage, they will pay for themselves and after a while, they will be basicly free and help pay for other mods. I know its a different way to look at it, but it helps me justify any cost involved to the wife. :)
Creative reasoning.

Chris

aleon

Established Member
Originally posted by auyon
it's one of the best mods there is, just don't go waisting $500.00 on it. you can do it yourself for les than $150

Wow, $150!? Can you please explain a little better?

Users who are viewing this thread