Electric fan quit, help please

drkhrse

Established Member
2002 SVTF, electric fans have stopped working, no idea why :??: Any thoughts? I replaced the battery and did some regular maintenance when I realized it had been idling for a long time and the fans never kicked on. When I checked the gauges it was really hot. Drove it around the block and it cooled right down (32 deg out). I don’t have a service book and the owners manual is no help. I checked the master fuse under the hood and the two relays seem ok, is there a smaller fuse for the cooling fans I cant find? Thanks.

CT SVT

Established Member
turn the a/c on and see if any fans turn on. one fan is on for slow speed and both are on for fast speed. normally when the a/c is on both fans are on. if they both turn on. i would guess you have a bad slow speed relay or a wiring problem, if none come on you have to so some checks. check power going into the relay and going out. if thats ok jump the replay and check for power at the fans ele connector. them check the ground side also. good luck

drkhrse

Established Member
turn the a/c on and see if any fans turn on. one fan is on for slow speed and both are on for fast speed. normally when the a/c is on both fans are on. if they both turn on. i would guess you have a bad slow speed relay or a wiring problem, if none come on you have to so some checks. check power going into the relay and going out. if thats ok jump the replay and check for power at the fans ele connector. them check the ground side also. good luck

I figured it out, bad resistor in fan shroud. got it fixed. Car is now for sale in the Market.

Users who are viewing this thread