Electric Fan Install

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
Anyone who has done an electric fan (Lincoln Mk VIII) upgrade: I need to see the wiring where the freewheeling diode is installed. :shrug:This item looks to need to be sodered into the circuit and I want to see how someone else has done it. Thanks!

01SVT_TruBLu

Anyone who has done an electric fan (Lincoln Mk VIII) upgrade: I need to see the wiring where the freewheeling diode is installed. :shrug:This item looks to need to be sodered into the circuit and I want to see how someone else has done it. Thanks!

You should go over to the Corral. There are a bunch of new threads on this topic. I'm also looking into a fan for a my friends 90.

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
Finished the conversion...I ended up soldering the diode at the fan at my connection points (I didn't have the factory plug so I used soldered terminations). Its the 97 Cougar fan, two speed, and I am using the high speed only. On temp control it is flawless. On A/C control, it runs a bit warmer than I expected. At the initial test time, I believe it needed to be burped properly, so that is probably my situation. I started to take pics, then...

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
New info: got the final verdict in. I found that the fan and controller set up that I used controls flawlessly. 180* at the intake, and at the radiator, about 200* at the heads--air on. Problem is the dash temp gauge shows 240ish* (around the 'N') when everything else is spot on at 180*. I've replaced the gauge sender and cleaned the dash contacts to no avail. Any electrical suggestions or do I just go straight to 'new dash cluster-spend xxxx dollars?

Users who are viewing this thread