Electric centrifugal super chargers

CDADEUCE06

Established Member
Electric centrifugal super chargers

I know I’ll get some crap for asking about this but I’m referencing the electric super chargers over $1000 that are not made out of plastic. Does anyone have personal experience with an electric super charger of this type. I have been searching for used super chargers and have run across a few that appear to look like a Paxton. One is from Full On Speed “FOS” and they offer up to 8 psi.

http://www.fullonspeed.com/

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
The picture appears to be of a KKK turbo. This is the same bullshit as all the rest. Further, If it really produces that much boost, I bet it will cause such a drain on your electrical system that your fuel pump and computer won't function properly.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
what quad said, plus it looks like a scam to me. That is one of the crappiest websites I have ever seen. Any company that refers to a product as "Heavy duty mega cooling" is probably a scam from an overseas scam artist with poor engrish. Kinda like the $5,000 new Harleys that the widow just wants to get rid of and will be flown by plane with Paypal acting as a third party. :roll eyes:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
very low rent website, anyone who is serious about this kinda business needs to be atleast professional about the site. What they should do is have video of this SC on the dyno vs. a regular SC. Battery drain is an issue I would assume.

01vert

Established Member
I would assume to run a 8 psi blower you may need up to what, 25 hp? Check the ratings on a 25HP electric. No way would a normal car's charging system run that. Plus an electric makes max tq at 1 rpm and less as the rpm go up, thinking that a high spinning impeller would be hugely inefficient in electric consumption

yeller1

Established Member
Interesting concept. This really is the first time I've seen anything like that.
I'm no expert, but some of the facts seemed accurate. Why doesn't mm&ff
or some other mag do a test on the system if in fact is really does exist. As far as the site, I've been on much less professional sites for well known companies.:)

wicked90lx

Established Member
it seems like bullshit to me! But it would be interesting to actually play around with one. but as stated battery drain has to be a issue

01vert

Established Member
I doubt anything that could put more than 1 lb of boost would run on a regular car battery, amperage at 12v would be killer especially with a stock alt.

My guess as to why they havent bothered, that and no kit available. If it worked so well why not send a free kit to MM&FF or 5.0 and get a great writeup?

er22bball0302

Established Member
heres some ifo some might find interesting, i e-mail them to get some additional info.
FOS-16 575 CFM up to 10psi, new higher figures unknown $897

FOS-25 675 CFM up to 12psi, new higher figures unknown $997

FOS-35 1100 CFM up to 14psi, new higher figures unknown $1097

FOS-45 1543CFM up to 16.7psi, new higher figures unknown $1297

99COBRADROPTOP

Established Member
I've seen a few videos on the internet about these things and none of them seem to work all that well. sounds like a waste of a grand expecisally if you gotta weigh your car down with extra batteries and what-not.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
You;re charging system won't keep up. I think I tried to figure this out in college. The electric motor needs too much juice. It would be a cheap fix on a drag car though...

Users who are viewing this thread