elecrical help...

greensvt21

retired truckie SFD!
Established Member
really need some help guys. I also suck at electrical stuff. here is the problem and what I have done so far....

no directionals or reverse lights, from searching seem do be a huge problem for these cars , and I bought one of them, oh well move on.

first I checked the fuse, checked out okay, put in a new one just in case, nothing, checked all bulbs, found some bad ones still nothing. I have fully working headlights, markers and hazards and those bulbs are okay just no bilnkers or reverse lights.I checked both flasher relays found mine behind the glovebox radio area replaced them swaped them didn't matter nothing, the hazard one clicked when I turned the hazards on so moved that one to the turn signal one but still nothing.

the next thing from reading some posts I searched was replaced the ignition switch on the column still nothing, then bought the big ticket item the multi function switch nothing dead, move the lever nothing . the harness looked fine, nothing loose pulled on the wires everything okay. everything else in the car works fine. I looked under the hood and didn't see any poped fusable links but I pretty much thought if I did other stuff wouldn't be working.

I read another post about the ignition swith and a gray/yellow wire feeding power to fuse #5&#8, Fuse #5 also is the reverse lights, blinkers and #8 is power mirrors etc. but themirrors chime etc work so I ruled that out, I must be getting power down to the fuses right if they are getting power? I read something about the clockspring going bad, but wouldn't you get an airbag light or something?

I need some help guys, I'm not really great with electrical like I said I'm not stupid either, I'll give it a try if I can get some clear guidance. if I can't get it I'm going to have to take it to a shop but they will rape me for sure, most shops hate electrical crap to and sometimes make it worse.

Users who are viewing this thread