Elec Fan seized, could CCRM get messed up?

RedTwilight

Shinigami Akakage
Established Member
Well the electric cooling fan on my Cobra completely seized up the other day. The connector had also melted. So I unplugged the connector and allowed the smoke to dissipate and the engine to cool off.
Could the CCRM have been damaged from when the fan seized and connector melted? Or from the short drive home when the fan wasn't even plugged in?

I guess now I get to install the '04 Cobra radiator and fan I have sooner than I thought. I'm also going to go ahead and install a '99 Cobra water pump and a 180* thermostat while the coolant is drained.:rockon:

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
Well the electric cooling fan on my Cobra completely seized up the other day. The connector had also melted. So I unplugged the connector and allowed the smoke to dissipate and the engine to cool off.
Could the CCRM have been damaged from when the fan seized and connector melted? Or from the short drive home when the fan wasn't even plugged in?

I guess now I get to install the '04 Cobra radiator and fan I have sooner than I thought. I'm also going to go ahead and install a '99 Cobra water pump and a 180* thermostat while the coolant is drained.:rockon:

Should not hurt it. The fan seized up on my 95 one day coming home from work. Didnt hurt anything else.

About the 180 degree Thermostat, do you have a tuner? SCT , Diablo? Only asking because with the 180 thermostat, you would want the fans to turn on around the same temp the thermostat opens up.

Users who are viewing this thread