Eibach springs installed

Roush9703

Established Member
i would have to say that off all the mods i have done on my own cars this by far was the worst most unpleasant ordeal i've ever had to experience... the fronts were no problem at all, by now i could probably do the fronts in my sleep....however the rear were total b*tches...i never want to see a springs compressor again in my life...i thought compressing the stock springs was hard unitl i had to compress the eibach spring... still wasnt worth paying anyone for but i never want to have to do it again on a car with irs

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
I did it myself too...without a spring compressor....I just unbulted the RIS...still a BITCH ....Hey question...
I got the EiBach kit from RPM Outlet...said it would lower 1.5"....
Do you have the same?
Does it look lowered?
It dont look lower to me....
I have stock Rims/Tires u?
Do you have befor and after pic's?

Thanks bro

stevieb

Established Member
I put mine in too! I borrowed a friends compressor, did the fronts first cuz I was told it was the hardest. So that took 4 hours, then I went to the back springs, and right in the middle of 1 of 2 rear springs the nut on the compressor stripped and popped about 1 full inch while it was compressed, what a thrill. Spent the next 3 hrs going around to the auto stores to rent one. Went to 3 Kragens before I found one that didnt have a stripped screw. So got back to finish the job, funny thing is the last rear spring took only 15 minutes to do. :beer:

SmokenGRA03

SmokEater "LIVE STRONG"
Established Member
Does it look lower?
How much was it to lower (mine 1.5")
The front to me was EZ the rear took 3 hr for me

Roush9703

Established Member
when i was done last night and sat the car down i was disappointed because it didnt look lower at all...but when i walked into the garage this morning i could tell it was lower yet...then after a day of driving it is very noticably dropped...i still dont think its down to the advertised 1.5" drop it very nice for me...the rear is still an inch higher than the back and thats what it was before springs so it lowered it perfectly even...my digital camera slide off the trunk of the cobra and shattered into a few hundred pieces so unfortunatly i cant pics

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by Roush9703
i would have to say that off all the mods i have done on my own cars this by far was the worst most unpleasant ordeal i've ever had to experience... the fronts were no problem at all, by now i could probably do the fronts in my sleep....however the rear were total b*tches...i never want to see a springs compressor again in my life...i thought compressing the stock springs was hard unitl i had to compress the eibach spring... still wasnt worth paying anyone for but i never want to have to do it again on a car with irs

I also did my own install:mj: Never do it again, it was a b..tch.

stevieb

Established Member
It will settle. Mine looked no different after. Over the course of 1k miles I think the front lowered 1.75 and the rear 1.50.
Just be sure to align it now and in about 1k miles. The caster/camber will change.
Yes it looks lower, I kind of wish the rear was lower but then it will bottom out big time. So I thought of putting 18 " wheels on the back with some 295's, but thats some bucks, but Im happy with the way it looks now.:coolman:

torchred03

Established Member
I installed mine myself also, yes it has a B!tch. But well worth it. I've had mine in for over a year and I'm VERY satisfied with both appearance and performance. The car will settle so it might not look any diifferent right now, but it will . I also agree with the alignment suggestion do it now and again in about 1K miles. I would also highly recommend CC plates. Give the car some time to settle and I think you will be pleased with your ordeal.

davidmax

Established Member
I found them EZ but I do 3 or 4 a month,Always have respect for coils they can knockyour black off,saw it inthe Military,Dave Smilovic

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
YAH ON MY 01', FRONT HALF HOUR BACK 3 HOURS, WITH EIBACH PRO KIT FRONT BARELY LOWERED MAYBE AN HALF INCH BUT BACK DID IT PERFECT WITH MY 18S LOOKS REALLY GOOD:eek:

03'Darin

Established Member
Please post pics with the Eibach's.:coolman: I would like to put them on my car but want to see how far they actually lower the car. I don't care for the "slammed" look and don't want to lift my feet every time I go over the bad bumps on our shitty Pa roads.:nonono:

I would also like to see pics of 03's with the Eibach's that have some miles on them (settle time).:-D

Darin

Roush9703

Established Member
in the front of the car the measurement from the ground to the edge of the fender is exactly 26"...in the rear from the ground to the edge of the fender it is 27.5 "... i know its not a picture but it would give you atleast some idea of where it will set... to me it looks perfect and mean as hell

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Originally posted by Roush9703
in the front of the car the measurement from the ground to the edge of the fender is exactly 26"...in the rear from the ground to the edge of the fender it is 27.5 "... i know its not a picture but it would give you atleast some idea of where it will set... to me it looks perfect and mean as hell

My stock 9100 mile sits 27 1/16" front and 28 1/16"" rear (all centerline of the wheel measurements... just measured it in my garage.;-)

03'Darin

Established Member
Are you guys running the stock wheels and tires?? If not what wheel and tire sizes are you running??

I will measure mine when I get home.

Users who are viewing this thread