Eibach Sportlines vs K-Springs

kcsburk

Established Member
My car has the P-Springs on it now. I want to go a bit lower. If you have sportlines or k-springs installed(and settled), can I get you to measure the ride height of the front a rear(floor to bottom of wheel wells)?

My P-Springs measure:
Front - 27.5"
Rear - 28.5"

acrbill

Established Member
My measurement probably won't help since I have different size wheels/tires than stock but here are some pics of my car on the K springs and then on sportlines.

K springs.
fh1.jpg

Sportlines
byron7.jpg

kcsburk

Established Member
From the pics I have been able to find the sportlines look more level than I want and the K-springs dont look low enough.

acrbill,

I have seen your before and after pics. Measurements would be appreciated as I am interested in the rake for each of these springs compared to mine. (For example, there is a one inch difference between front and back on my car. If you dont mind would you pull some front and rear measurements from your car?

dirtyd88,
Any direct side pics of your car. Measurements would be appreciated from you as well for reasons described above. Thanks

I am looking for something like this: Photoshop left side and p-spring on the right
Lowered.png

DNT H8

Established Member
Back from the Dead....
I am looking at both of these since my Ultra lights sit a tad to high in the rear for my taste. Hows the ride quality between these two, pics with 20's would be great guys. Im looking for a low but even stance with maybe a touch of rake. thx

P.S. I used the search bar plenty for all the search nazis...

Ratchet

Established Member
I have k springs, 20" wheels, 295/35 back and 255/35 front. Here are a couple pics.

IMG_1523_zpsacd337bc.jpg

89ED4576-C163-4C87-94B8-DC5EC3ABE96D-159-0000000E5383607F_zpsdb5fa501.jpg

kcsburk

Established Member
Back from the Dead....
I am looking at both of these since my Ultra lights sit a tad to high in the rear for my taste. Hows the ride quality between these two, pics with 20's would be great guys. Im looking for a low but even stance with maybe a touch of rake. thx

P.S. I used the search bar plenty for all the search nazis...

I swapped my p-springs out for the k-springs. My new ride height is 27" front and 27 7/8 rear. I will upload a pic tomorrow. I would still like it lower, particularly in the rear. I changed my tires out and dropped the profile in the rear from a 275/35/20 to a 295/30/20. This created a bit more gap. I might try the sportlines as they sit slightly lower in the rear but the fronts are slightly higher than the k- springs. Coilovers are the answer...but at a cost. I am now going through exhaust trials

Last edited:

DNT H8

Established Member
Ratchet that thing is sexy thank you for taking the time to post pics, that's what I need to see.
Kcsburk excellent info, I didn't know the K's sit lower in the front that's important, I look forward to your pics. I'll measure my clearance off your 27/27 7/8ths.

DNT H8

Established Member
Wow that is perfection, great job... I can see where you would not like the gap with a lower profile. Now are you running yellows? Cause I hear they drop the front a lil more, and K's would give me 27 like you.

If you didn't change tire I'd say to hell with the sport lines

manny231988

Established Member
I have k springs on my Paxton 13 with the brembo wheels I went with these because I like the rake look compared to the leveled look the sport lines have.

kcsburk

Established Member
I guess this stance actually looks pretty good. I have a neighbor with a Z06 on coilovers....He has it dialed in perfect. I have this to to contend with......:)

DNT H8

Established Member
Still looks good... But I do understand your point half inch more in the back. I know your not supposed to cut these springs but I wonder if anyone has tried it to see if it really hampers anything when only cutting say half a coil?
Are those AMR wheels?

65sohc

Established Member
FYI with my stock Boss wheels/tires my car sits 27 1/8 and 27 3/4 with BMR springs. Ride quality is like stock.

Users who are viewing this thread