Eibach Sportlines right for me?

NC Mystic

Established Member
Hey guys, I am thinking i'll bite the bullet and buy a set of springs for the car to be installed when the heads are put on. I've heard I don't need CC plates or a bump steer with sportlines, is this accurate or are they recommended. with everything else going on with the car it would be nice to be able to just buy springs and nothing else for the time being, although i'd like to get latter bar subframe connectors and a torque bar for the rear.

The car will be daily driven and used for fun in competitions. I don't want to purpose build it towards any one class. I'd really like to go to some of the open road time challenge races out west, standing mile top speed events, hill climbs, and the occasional drag strip. Maybe the even more illusive road course.

i've also heard on here that lowering the rear pretty much at all causes control arm binding and more severe kick out. So would sportlines not exasperate that issue? i'd like to avoid that problem for now.

i know the exhaust will drag on everything but what about the front leading edge of the bumper? i reeeaally don't want to scrape up my bumper if possible. racing rashes i can live with but bumper dragging out of driveways is not worth it to me

this is the cobra that made me want a mystic before i had my permit. it has sportlines and looks killer. but what do you all think would work well for me?

6757700047_large.jpg

6757700050_large.jpg

6757700048_large.jpg

NC Mystic

Established Member
the plate came in by the way bud, totally slipped my mind. thanks for a great product.

also what do guys that run the above listed types of events prefer gear wise?
would a 4.56 be good? 5 basically doesn't pull at all with the stock gear. i believe 4th is 120-130 with a 4.56? so would 5th pull to 160? i know there's gear calculators but i was hoping for real world feedback

NC Mystic

Established Member
also a reference for the best price source for sportlines would be great if anyone knows

Noreast

Established Member
I love my sportlines. I ran them without CC plates or bumps steer kit for a bout a year. Worked fine. Since than I did x2 ball joints, CC plates and bumpsteer. So you could always upgrade later on doe the road

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
I am curious as to what 4:56 would pull to as well, as I would like some gears, give my car a little ass behind it. I bought many sportlines from summit, cant remember how much though. The bigger issue for me was They couldnt break loose the bolt on my front strut, so I had to replace both of them plus labor and then alignment. ended up being like 300 after my I bought the actual springs

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Sportlines were fun back in the day when I was in high school. I wouldn't do them again though if I wanted any comfort.

yellow98stang

Established Member
I had sportlines on my first cobra and now have h&r SS without isos. I like the way the h&r's ride a little better. It is LOW though w/o the isos and I would not recommend it for daily driving. Either springs with isos should be what you are looking for.

Sportlines w/ isos:
98cobra003.jpg

H&R SS w/o isos:
20130514_180025_zps4ca3f1f7.jpg

Eibach Pro-kit for reference:
2011-10-23_19-44-01_744.jpg

Last edited:

NC Mystic

Established Member
i actually like that eibach pro kit, is that with iso? is the pro kit just springs or what does that consist of?

i don't like how the rear sits a little lower than the front with the isos in on the ss's and sportlines

still looking for driving feedback frm 4.56 cars on road courses or top speed pulls

yellow98stang

Established Member
i actually like that eibach pro kit, is that with iso? is the pro kit just springs or what does that consist of?

i don't like how the rear sits a little lower than the front with the isos in on the ss's and sportlines

still looking for driving feedback frm 4.56 cars on road courses or top speed pulls

The pro kit is just springs. that pic was the pro kit springs with stock isos, and it definitely had more rake with the rear higher.

The ss and sportlines sit more level, but the rear is not lower than the front even though the pics kinda look that way. I'll find a pic from another angle...

ss no isos:
20120922_171902_zps9ee016d2.jpg

sportlines w/ stock isos:
S2400030.jpg

pro kit w/ stock isos:
2012-02-26_13-44-43_617.jpg

Last edited:

slow90coupe

Established Member
Lol, You'll be fine with the Sportlines or the H&R's. I cleared 4 inch tall speed bumps with no problems besides a tiny scrape on the x-pipe. You just have to learn how to angle the speed bumps right. The Eibach springs are really not low. At all. Both springs will give you a decent stance and still be completely functional.

NC Mystic

Established Member
bump for 4.30/4.56 topspeed pull feedback and roadcourse etc driving as listed above

Users who are viewing this thread