Eibach rear sway bar install

00stang37

Established Member
Anyone install an eibach rear sway bar on a 99-04?

I got the stock rear bar out with no problem but the clip/bolts won't fit on the new bar. Anyone run into this problem?
4E3B5836-7028-44E6-BCCB-0EA3B4E76D3A-1524-0000017AB655D362.gif

clintbaum

Established Member
Ya i ran into that same problem with mine. I am assuming you still have the stock lower control arms, so the only way is to buy new hardware including low profile nuts and u will have to fit the nut between the inner space of the control arm and the sway bar. Putting the nut on the outside will do nothing for it because the sway bar needs to be against the control arm. Its not a problem with aftermarket lower control arms, you should think about doing that as well because it is a great improvement over stock.

Gt track attack

Established Member
^ When I installed mine along with aftermarket lowers and uppers only problem I remember running into was one of the holes on the sway bar didn't line up so I had to drill a new one. I can highly recommend getting a set of aftermarket control arms if you have the cash. Made a huge difference in my ride, wheel hop is completely along with pretty well all other unwanted movement. Hooks up great and is much more predictable along with no more of the rear end wandering around.

Users who are viewing this thread