eibach pro kit

slim one

Established Member
A few years ago I had a eibach prokit installed on my 01 cobra it dropped the front 1.5 inches but the rear only dropped.5 and when it has a full tank it's an inch. I was so unhappy with it I went back to the shop and told them. They installed another set in rear and I'm getting the same results. Will removing rear iso's give me a .5 inch? If not what other spring will give me 1.5 inch drop in rear. thanks

shurur

Established Member
The H&R race with prothane MM ISOs does the same thing.
That rake is a roadracing stance.
I'd take a look at the lower IRS isos to see if they are the thick prothane spring cups...they spiral up.
If they are, removing them will get you lower for sure, because they are little drop theives.

You can substitute them for 3/4" heater hose on the "pigtails,"

If the lower iso is just a flat cup (no spiral), you could also just remove the top iso entirely and go with the heater hose on the bottom.

Last edited:

slim one

Established Member
thanks for the help. Do you think if I remove both top and bottom I can get 1/2 inch drop? It looks to me these are the type that spiral up.
image_zpse3eb1abc.jpg

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
I looked at the eibach kit online and the ISOs look cupped but flat (not spiraled like MM prothanes).

Still, taking them out, top and bottom, should correct your drop.

you can put 3/4" heater hose on the bottom to make it squeak-proof and the most recent thing to prevent rust (01RedBeardCobra??) would be to use marine grease on the top to prevent rust.

PS: I'm still sorry about the cowl hood thing,,,and still think you got the wrong hood sent to you...

Last edited:

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
I had same issue as the front is perfect drop with isos and for years I hated the back as it didn't drop for squat .5 like you said at most. Finally I bought a new set of rear bbk springs off ebay for the 1.5 inch drop and compared the 2 and the bbk were one coil loop shorter and installed that with no isos at all in rear and gave me a solid 1.25 inch more drop in rear. Much more happy now and fyi the front still sits lower even with isos in front and none in back, but I'm content with the stance now. Also I hope it drops a lil more with time.

Users who are viewing this thread