Eibach Pro Kit installed, need help

SVT_28

Established Member
Hey,
So I just had some Eibach pro kit springs installed, along with BMR Panhard rod, brace, relocation brakets and LCA. Also had an alignment done. My issue is that my driver side FRONT wheel now sits inside the fender about 3/4-1 inch more than my passenger side wheel (which is almost flush with the fender) Before the springs, I did not notice anything like this. I spoke with the shop that did the work and will be having them check it out, but they said the camber was in spec, I had camber bolts but they didn't need to be used.

Anyone know what the issue could be or ran into this problem? Camber, alignment or what?

Dinosgt

Established Member
Hey,
So I just had some Eibach pro kit springs installed, along with BMR Panhard rod, brace, relocation brakets and LCA. Also had an alignment done. My issue is that my driver side FRONT wheel now sits inside the fender about 3/4-1 inch more than my passenger side wheel (which is almost flush with the fender) Before the springs, I did not notice anything like this. I spoke with the shop that did the work and will be having them check it out, but they said the camber was in spec, I had camber bolts but they didn't need to be used.

Anyone know what the issue could be or ran into this problem? Camber, alignment or what?

Can you post a pic or two?

BTW - I am also ready to do the same mods (parts waiting in garage). Please post your impressions after you are able to sort this out. Curious as to what you think of the change over stock...

Stetler17

Established Member
Sure sounds like a camber issue but they should have caught that if it was aligned.

It is not uncommon to rotate the strut mount 180 degrees to help the camber when lowered and maybe one of yours is rotated and the other one is not.

You can tell by looking at them from the top. See if yours are drastically different from left to right.

SVT_28

Established Member
Both were set to -1 for camber and were check again so camber doesn't seem to be the issue...would rotating the mount 180 just push the tire out or affect the camber?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Have copy of the alignment specs? The issue indeed sounds like a camber issue. Try parking on a level surface and put a level (preferably, digital) against the rim and see how many degrees from plumb each is. Aside from any road crown correction they may have adjusted for, the numbers should be pretty darn close.

SVT_28

Established Member
I do not have a copy of the specs, but I went back today and the shops used the level like you mentioned and was within spec...I will research the strut mount being rotated 180.

If I can't find a way to fix it I will just get a thin spacer, I guess.

Last edited:

railroad

Established Member
It seems like I read something on play in the bolt holes in the K member. Wonder if yours could be loosened and walked in the needed direction. Might have to check alignment especially thrust angle afterwards.

Ky GT500

Established Member
You definitely have something going on with the camber it sounds like. I've been running my setup for a couple of years now and never had a issue. Aligned to specs. Might want to try another alignment shop.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Cheaper than a new set of tires.

Seriously, you need a fresh look, something is off,,,, alignment equipment needs calibrating,,, 180 out,,,,you can have the shop that did the work go back over everything or get a second opinion from another shop.

SVT_28

Established Member
True, I will check out a place specific for alignments. Well I woke up early before work to go back to the shop early and all they checked was the camber with a level and that was it. The shop had another mustang there that was off but no one noticed until now? I guess it's best to get a second opinion.

SVT_28

Established Member
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
Here are some pics to show the issue as best I can.
Pics 1 and 3 are driver side and pic 2 and 4 are passenger side.
I made sure the wheel was straight and only had a piece of cardboard to give a visual of the difference. The difference is a little smaller than the diameter of a quarter.

Last edited:

Ky GT500

Established Member
image.jpegimage.jpeg

Just went out and looked at mine, 3/16 difference from passenger to driver, driver being in more. The level is against the tire at bottom and touching fender, center of the wheel.

Last edited:

SVT_28

Established Member
I wouldn't expect it to be perfect but yours looks more even than mine. Maybe it's just the way my car is and I'm being to anal

Users who are viewing this thread