eibach pro-kit guys,,,,,

bhollie

Established Member
We all know by now the height in the back is too high. Im thinking of cutting the back springs 1/2 coil to see if it looks any better. i dont care much about changing spring rates or anything like that i just want it to look decent.
my question is ,,,,,,,,,,,, is 1/2 coil about right to cutoff?? or is that too much? Im trying to get it even with the front, I assume that 1 whole coil would be too low right???
has anyone cut thier aftermarket springs before? i knew i should have just went with the steedas but it too late now. :rollseyes
thanks

bhollie

Established Member
ttt

thats great bro, but mine is too high in the back as most cars seem to be. you lucky bastard!! LOL

bhollie

Established Member
ttt

(higher in the front than in the back), they specifically say 1.30" drop on both ends but they didnt account for the extra weight or the 03/04 motor when they came out with these springs,,which are actually just 99-01 cobra springs that they change the part number on. thats why a lot of cars sit higher in the back and have that raked look, but some people dig it. i just thought it would be more even.

RedSquad7

E.D.209
Established Member
Do not cut a full 1/2 off!!!! If you are gonna cut your Eibachs, start with a 1/4 coil and go from there. Trust me, I speak from experience with these exact springs. Something else you can also try before cutting is removing either a top or bottom spring isolator, thats what I did and it probably gave me close to a 1/4" more drop with no discernable difference in ride quality or harsh road noise. Just remember you cant replace what you remove so if you cut start easy- you can always take more off.

ModsAway

Established Member
I went with polyurethane isolators up front and stock rubber isolators in the back. There is still a slight rake but with the setup I decided to go with tire/spacer wise in the rear I'm happy for the little extra clearance between fender and tire.

2003 Silver

Banned
Originally posted by OrangeSvtCobra
Any problems going of speed bumps?

Don't have too many speed bumps where I live.........however, I have gone over them and do it at an angle so only 1 tire goes over at a time.

SVT SPEED O4

Established Member
I removed my upper and lower isolators and wrapped the spring in 5/8 heater hose to prevent metal/metal contact and squeeks.

The car sits just about level.

Users who are viewing this thread