Eibach Lowering Kit-Pics

Much2GQ4U

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have seen a lot of different posts in regard to which lowering kit to choose, and I had done quite a bit of research before purchasing my kit. I went ahead purchased the Pro-Kit for my L which included the front springs, rear hangers and shackels. For those still wondering what it would look like I have added these pictures. Overall ride performance as far as handling in concerned, is an improvement. However, the ride is extra bumpy-- especially in the rear. My question for those who have lowered their trucks is: Do drop shocks help this issue?

I love the look, but I need to get a little less bounce in the rear.

Ratings:
Appearance 9/10- (Front needs to settle a tad)
Price 9/10
Ride 7/10

DSCN0545.jpg

DSCN0544.jpg

DSCN0543.jpg

Last edited:

bumblebeetuna

Trade: Girlfriend for KB?
Established Member
I have heard of rear shock extenders but there are alot of horror storries taht go with them. When I put the pro-kit on my L, I went with the QA1's and havent had a problem so far.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
That looks awesome. :rockon:

BTW, Does the front only look a lil taller because of the angle its sitting at?

Much2GQ4U

SVT Poster
Established Member
handsome devil said:
That looks awesome. :rockon:

BTW, Does the front only look a lil taller because of the angle its sitting at?

I am sure that has some to do with it. on a flat surface.. it seems pretty level.

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
did you put in adjustable rear sway bar endlinks?

what shocks are you running?

bilstien makes two versions, the HD valved shocks for stock height adn the sport valve for lowered trucks..

id change the rears to sport valved

contact josh at www.stangsuspension.com he can get em for about $60 a piece..

Much2GQ4U

SVT Poster
Established Member
bda1855 said:
did you put in adjustable rear sway bar endlinks?

what shocks are you running?

bilstien makes two versions, the HD valved shocks for stock height adn the sport valve for lowered trucks..

id change the rears to sport valved

contact josh at www.stangsuspension.com he can get em for about $60 a piece..

The shocks in it right now are factory. Thanks for the advice and link. I kinda figured that the existing shocks are not what I need with the lowered stance.

Much2GQ4U

SVT Poster
Established Member
99bolt said:
Is that a 2/4 drop? How much did you pay (w or w/o installation)?

I paid $349.95 for this kit:
Eibach Pro-Kit Complete Lowering System
Complete Eibach Lowering System

Ride Height: Moderate Lowering.
Note: Complete Lowering System Complete System 2.0' front 4.5' back

Shop install quotes run about 3.5-4 hours because the need to air hammer the old hangers out in the rear.

Is it 2/4... pretty close. I am not sure I would go any lower given my driving habits and the roads I take.

DSG03LTNG

618 [email protected] PSI
Established Member
Much2GQ4U said:
I have seen a lot of different posts in regard to which lowering kit to choose, and I had done quite a bit of research before purchasing my kit. I went ahead purchased the Pro-Kit for my L which included the front springs, rear hangers and shackels. For those still wondering what it would look like I have added these pictures. Overall ride performance as far as handling in concerned, is an improvement. However, the ride is extra bumpy-- especially in the rear. My question for those who have lowered their trucks is: Do drop shocks help this issue?

I love the look, but I need to get a little less bounce in the rear.

Ratings:
Appearance 9/10- (Front needs to settle a tad)
Price 9/10
Ride 7/10

Hey i have the same kit!! Did you cut your bump stops in the rear ?? If you didn't thats where your bounce is coming from!! I ran mine for a day or so then relilized that the bump stops where always touching the axle, then trimed about half or so of the bump stop off and rides alot better !!!! I bet you have the rear hangers and shackles on the lowest settings right?? Mine squatted a bit but then i changed the setting on my hangers to the higher of the two, now it sets just like i like it!! Look at my sig....

Much2GQ4U

SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey i have the same kit!! Did you cut your bump stops in the rear ?? If you didn't thats where your bounce is coming from!! I ran mine for a day or so then relilized that the bump stops where always touching the axle, then trimed about half or so of the bump stop off and rides alot better !!!! I bet you have the rear hangers and shackles on the lowest settings right?? Mine squatted a bit but then i changed the setting on my hangers to the higher of the two, now it sets just like i like it!! Look at my sig....

Hey DSG-

I had no idea to do anything with the bump stops. I guess I need to get under there and take a look. What did you use to trim it? The shackels are on the lowest setting...but they were on my truck before i purchased the kit. I had to get rid of the high tail issue a long time ago.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Just a heads up. But I just went through 2 practically new F1's on the front from my Eibachs settling Less than 6000 miles and the drivers side was showing the Cable/Radial. So I had the camber reset problem now is that I'm maxed out on camber now. Drivers side was - 2.05 and passangers was - 1.75. So my advice is get them checked for camber in about a month just to be safe.

Looks killer :coolman:

Last edited:

DSG03LTNG

Established Member
Much2GQ4U said:
Hey DSG-

I had no idea to do anything with the bump stops. I guess I need to get under there and take a look. What did you use to trim it? The shackels are on the lowest setting...but they were on my truck before i purchased the kit. I had to get rid of the high tail issue a long time ago.

There is 1 bolt on top of each bump stop, just take the bolts off and the bump stop will come off . Just cut them with a saw or something!! I used a hacksaw! Its almost impossible to cut them while on the truck!! Just cut about half of the bump stop, and that will give you a couple inches of clearence between the axle and the bump stop!! It will deffenitely make a difference in ride quality!! Mine very rarely hit anymore, So good luck, and let me know if it helps!! :beer:

Kenny

DSG03LTNG

Established Member
Oh and deffenitely get an alignment ASAP!!! Tell who ever does it for them to set it as close as they can to 0!!! I did mine and set it in "specs" and it still wore the inside of the tires, then i set it at 0 , and its all good!!

:)

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
do you have a front shot?? how bad it the camber? does it look retarded being to much in at the top cause i was going to do lower control arms instead of springs (WC )

Much2GQ4U

SVT Poster
Established Member
lightninmike-
this is the best i can do for a front shot. pretty dark here, and from the front it is difficult to see the total profile of the tire. It looks a little worse in the picture because of the shadowing, but there is some pull in at the top. No doubt does it need an alignment before too many miles go on it, but most definitly not retarded...it's actually hard to notice. At least when I think of retarded drops I picture ricers and the "frog squat" stance they have after cutting all but 1 rung of spring.
frontcamber.jpg

camber2.jpg

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
thanks for the pic man, yeah all i can think of is a civic running on the inside of the tires when i hear sombody only did springs. but that is not bad at all
i really need and want to stiffen up my truck when my bank account recovers from the motor ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread