Eibach Coilover install...HELP needed

BradJ

Established Member
Trying to install a set of eibach coilovers on my 96 cobra...ran into the following issue...

Here's the top of the strut, comes with this collar

IMG_4004.gif

And these urethane bumper thingys

IMG_4005.gif

But with them installed, there's absolutely NO room to fit the strut through the CC plate spherical bearing and thread the top nut on!

With the CC plate installed, this is how much room is left...

IMG_4008.gif

So, what do I do? Do I cut the steel collar/spacer and urethane bumper down to size?

Any help would be appreciated!

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Where did you get these? I'm not sure I've really ever seen these available for Cobras.

BradJ

Established Member
No ideas? I tried calling eibach support on this but I had a hard time getting the guy to understand what I was talking about... :bash:

NoviBlown92

Tire Smoker
Established Member
I did a google search for the part number on that kit. Some sites are saying it's for V6 mustangs and other sites list every mustang. I'm sure they are the same but might want to double check.

BradJ

Established Member
I did a google search for the part number on that kit. Some sites are saying it's for V6 mustangs and other sites list every mustang. I'm sure they are the same but might want to double check.

Yeah the eibach guy assured me they were compatible with 96-98 cobra, but also said he didnt think I could use aftermarket CC plates...which didnt make any sense to me. How am I supposed to properly align the car without CC plates? :??:

NoviBlown92

Tire Smoker
Established Member
Well those CC plates look really thick to me. I'm not sure but did you try to install them with the factory plates?

BradJ

Established Member
Dont have the factory plates anymore unfortunately. The car had MM plates previously, which were about the same 'thickness' as the griggs plates.

Users who are viewing this thread