Egr

SVTCLOPTON

Established Member
My cobra has the egr removed. Time to run through emissons but hear that it wont pass because of the egr being removed?

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Heres the trick, works for me everytime. Tell them you are a little concerned about scraping the exhaust since the car is lowered. They will give you a waiver good for 2 years and you don't have to pay the fee. Atleast thats my experience with it. I don't have cats or an EGR.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
...never mind that the EGR valve is only open at part throttle and in no way affects WOT performance...

I happen to prefer clean air to air that isnt clean. But thats just me; I've been known to breathe on occasion.

SVTClopton, in most states they simply plug into the car's computer and look for codes or systems that wont come to a state of readiness. Some states' scanner thingies are more sophisticated than in other states, so some scanners will catch the deleted EGR subsystem in the tune as malfunctioning/disabled emissions equipment and fail the car. other states will simply get an 'everything is a-ok!' reading from the scanner and send you happily on your way.

You need to find someone with a similar situation in your own state and find out what they had happen.

Last edited:

SVTCLOPTON

Established Member
Thanks Sheblyguy for the input yeah the shop in my area said that egr valve was removed and that I wont pass emissons my check engine light is not on but its turned off in the tune. Just wondering cause I know alot of 03-04 owners remove the egr but odd now to hear that you need it to run through emissions. Anyone have one for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread