EGR Valve Leaking!

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
I went to the dyno again today to try and find out why my car is running so slow for the mods and HP i am making,we did a vacume leak check with a smoke machine and found smoke coming from the bottom of my EGR Valve:eek: I spoke with Rick from Amazon Racing(true gentleman)about this and he thought that could be my problem why i am running such slow trap speeds for my mods.We hooked up a scanner and it showed no codes so should i replace the gasket only or replace both the gasket and the EGR Valve? Also do you guys believe this could slow me down quite a bit even though it does not show up on the dyno?Thanks!

mosconiac

Established Member
Could it have been displaced due to excessive backpressure caused by fouled cats? That would create an obvious loss of performance.

I know, I know...always trying to bad the helpless little cats...LOL.

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
I have the magnaflow x-pipe with cats on so i would think they would be ok.Thanks for reply!

46stang

Established Member
well smoke shouldn't come out of there, i wouldn't think!try spraying some carb spray around it when the car is idling. if the idle flucuates then it's leaking vac. , also get the car warm and touch the base of the egr, if it's real hot then the egr is flowing and it's bad, if it's just warm then thats ok. Generally the egr is turned off at full throttle for max hp but if yours is leaking it could cause less hp. what are your trap speeds? and what is the tracks elevation?
Leon

Users who are viewing this thread