egr tube problems

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
I recently purchased an 03 cobra has 2.93 upper 4# lower ported eaton 60lb injectors jlt cold air granatelli mass air and bbk tb and an SCT tune, now the problem im having is it sounds like an exhaust leak on the drivers side behind the head. What I found was the two hoses that come off the egr tube have come off and thats where the sound is coming from. So I get a friend of mine some of you may know him not sure "qcksnake" to put some new hoses on it and leak dissappears..........Until I get about half way home, and then its the same crap. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I recently purchased an 03 cobra has 2.93 upper 4# lower ported eaton 60lb injectors jlt cold air granatelli mass air and bbk tb and an SCT tune, now the problem im having is it sounds like an exhaust leak on the drivers side behind the head. What I found was the two hoses that come off the egr tube have come off and thats where the sound is coming from. So I get a friend of mine some of you may know him not sure "qcksnake" to put some new hoses on it and leak dissappears..........Until I get about half way home, and then its the same crap. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

get an egr delete and retune for it and be rid of the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread