EGR Question

SADF

Established Member
I'm putting in a stock polished plenum and have an EGR Block off plate as well as the block of nut that goes on the manifold. Do I have to have the "relocation kit" or is that just to make things look better? Can't I just block off the plenum side and the manifold side and just plug all the necessary stuff on the sensors?

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
After doing the EGR delete the only sensor you should have left is the last one (closest to the firewall) I believe it is the MAP sensor. I have mine plugged in and just kinda sitting on the manifold hidden under the fuel rails. All it needs to do is read outside pressure so its not a big deal. If it really started bugging me I would just make a tiny bracket that I could run of the rear driver side s/c bolt/stud and mount it to that but Im not that picky. If you need a pic or something let me know. Hope that helps. Matt

SADF

Established Member
After doing the EGR delete the only sensor you should have left is the last one (closest to the firewall) I believe it is the MAP sensor. I have mine plugged in and just kinda sitting on the manifold hidden under the fuel rails. All it needs to do is read outside pressure so its not a big deal. If it really started bugging me I would just make a tiny bracket that I could run of the rear driver side s/c bolt/stud and mount it to that but Im not that picky. If you need a pic or something let me know. Hope that helps. Matt

Send me a pic. Private msg, here, or email [email protected], whatever is easiest for you and :beer:

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
just sent you an email. I forgot I had my blower off since I am starting to get ready to pull my motor but hopefully the pics can help you out

Users who are viewing this thread