EGR Question

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
So I'm in the process of installing a clutch and coolant mod. The plan is to install clutch, break it in and then I have TVS I'm installing.

So I plan to delete the EGR when I go TVS but I removed the EGR tube since I had the trans out and put a block off plate on the eaton. Which leaves a vacuum line open from the EGR and the two lines that go from the pipe up to whatever that switch is.

My question is can I just plug them off while I'm breaking the clutch in? Will the car run weird or throw a CEL? I do have an X4 and it has a setting to turn the EGR off.

fivelitrecobra

Established Member
Unplug the switch and remove it, it's not needed when you do the delete. Turn off the EGR with your SCT or it will trigger a CEL.

Search EGR Delete on the forum, there's a great thread that shows everything from start to finish as well as where to route all of the vacuum lines.

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
Thank you. I know how to delete it all and that is my plan when I go TVS. I'm just not doing that until I break the new clutch in. So there will be a little bit of time I'd have to drive it like this before its gets fully deleted and tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread