egr deleted

Lethalvenom2008

Established Member
I deleted my egr and my motor is reving up to 2,500 and down,back and forth ,its throwing a code that my maf is bad.if not having a egr cause this symptom?

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
You must have not hooked something back up or capped something off. Check all your vaccuum lines. Do you have the EGR turned off in your tune? If not then your car wont idle correctly due to the fact all the EGR sensors in the ecu are trying to do their job and there's nothing there.

Last edited:

po-po 5.0

Established Member

Why did you delete the EGR? You're in an emmissions area, and the EGR doesn't negatively impact performance AT ALL.

Lethalvenom2008

Established Member
my idle is wicked bad.my buddy was saying its my timing.i doubt that but could be possible.where does the vac line next to the the passanger harness/stock fuel pressure reg go to? my friend also says put the egr back on.which i am considering .i dont have the egr sensor turned off yet.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
what you're callign the fuel pressure regulator is actually just the fuel rail pressure sensor (FRPS) and the vac connections nearest to it are for the EGR vacuum solenoid. There's two connections in the same rubber plug. One runs from that solenoid to the EGR valve, and the other runs back into a vacuum T to the intake.

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
It is the tune. Get the egr turned off in the tune, that is where the majority of the issue is.

Users who are viewing this thread