EGR Delete

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
I am getting ready to do my Longtubes and what not so my question to you all that have done this. What or how is the best way to deal with all the vacuum hoses? Is there a picture or someone that could show me (explain) to how to make it work correctly. I know I will need to get a tune but I need to get everything ready for it all. Thanks in advance for all your guys help :beer:

snakeraper11b

Established Member
The EGR is a single tube running from the header to the intake manifold. If your long tubes don't have an EGR tube then all that's left is to block off the EGR inlet on the intake manifold with a block off plate. If the headers have an EGR provision, just cap that and take the same steps for the intake manifold as I stated above. No reason what so ever to touch a vacuum lines.

EDIT: To make it stupid simple, this would solve both issues for you.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/egr-delete-kit.html

Hope this was helpful.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
No reason what so ever to touch a vacuum lines.

The vacuum line that runs to the top of the EGR valve needs to be capped. I think there's two lines that go to the EGR solenoid as well. I cut mine off behind the manifold and tucked the capped line into one of the factory covers.

snakeraper11b

Established Member
The vacuum line that runs to the top of the EGR valve needs to be capped. I think there's two lines that go to the EGR solenoid as well. I cut mine off behind the manifold and tucked the capped line into one of the factory covers.

Forgot about those, thanks for the correction. I'm going off of memory, haven't seen my engine in 5 months.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Well i know about the EGR being capped and the Intake being capped I have all that covered. just didn't know if there were certain hoses that needed to be capped or plugged. Just those two hoses is all?

Oh and I made my EGR delete plate at work :rockon: Got to love lasers and a computer that can make copies

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Well i know about the EGR being capped and the Intake being capped I have all that covered. just didn't know if there were certain hoses that needed to be capped or plugged. Just those two hoses is all?

Oh and I made my EGR delete plate at work :rockon: Got to love lasers and a computer that can make copies

The two hoses that come off the sensor on the back of the intake with the EGR tube. And then then one on the side. I can't remember if that's all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread