EGR Delete?

Stangcobra1122

Established Member
So the dealership doing my Aluminator swap finished the swap today, but are telling me that my motor is throwing an EGR code. Since I'm the second owner I have no idea if the car was reflashed or not, but I assume it was if theyre throwing this code.
So my question is how can I get rid of the code, do I need to delete the physical EGR or will a SCT reflash/tune from a shop deal with it
Thanks

01yellercobra

Established Member
It has to be done in the tune. So when you get a tune from someplace tell them you want the EGR turned off.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The advantage to the delete is to prevent the heat soak from coming up the tube from the header into the manifold (regardless if the EGR purges or not) . Basically, this means even if it is turned off the manifold is still heated by it.

We sell a high quality billet plate w/ oring here

http://www.modularmustangracing.com/EGR delete.jpg

EGR%20delete.jpg

http://www.modularmustangracing.com/EGR delete.jpg

Last edited:

Stangcobra1122

Established Member
Okay thanks, apparently after getting the car back and talking to the mechanic I have a p1000 code, or drive cycle not complete, the car will not drive cycle as a result of something to do with the egr, this is rather strange

01yellercobra

Established Member
Okay thanks, apparently after getting the car back and talking to the mechanic I have a p1000 code, or drive cycle not complete, the car will not drive cycle as a result of something to do with the egr, this is rather strange

The EGR is part of the emissions. If the computer can't run the test needed on the EGR because it's turned off the P1000 code will never clear. I ended up turning it off in my tune.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Just drive the car, p1000 doesn't turn on the light on.

But without the EGR active the P1000 won't ever go away. I was able to turn off the P1000 in my tune and the smog station didn't pick it up.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread