egr delete

00 white lightn

Established Member
when you do the egr delete and turn off the egr in the tune. then can you remove the dpfe and egr solenoid without the light coming on? and how do you route the vacumes that are left over?

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
Yes you can, and if I get off my a** this weekend I will finish my write up on the two different ways of the EGR "Delete"

junioRace

Established Member
Yes you can, and if I get off my a** this weekend I will finish my write up on the two different ways of the EGR "Delete"
You da man! That would be good. We really need a write-up on this. Sorry Chiz, but yours just doesn't help enough. Mine is done, but I scratched my head so much that I wore through my ABC Sports hat. :lol1:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member

you get that write up done brother..I wanna check it out and possibly convert it to a PDF for my library :D

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
You da man! That would be good. We really need a write-up on this. Sorry Chiz, but yours just doesn't help enough. Mine is done, but I scratched my head so much that I wore through my ABC Sports hat. :lol1:

sorry I did the best I could.:rolling:

cthunder

Established Member
stupid question but what is the EGR Delete?? and what does it do

the EGR stands for exhaust gas readout... basically it's a way to pump exhaust gasses back into your stock manifold in order to save the environment. It's that annoying little piece that looks like a rusty mushroom on the drivers side near the firewall. deleting this makes plug changes far easier, and ultimately cleans up a messy engine bay.

LightningLou

Established Member
the EGR stands for exhaust gas readout... basically it's a way to pump exhaust gasses back into your stock manifold in order to save the environment. It's that annoying little piece that looks like a rusty mushroom on the drivers side near the firewall. deleting this makes plug changes far easier, and ultimately cleans up a messy engine bay.

LOL I always thought EGR stood for exhaust gas recirculator. Oh well, learn something new everyday. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread