EGR Delete

TDMCobra

Ringside.
Established Member
Well my understanding is that this is a form of emissions control. I have a 1995, aka the last year of the tail pipe emissions (and a 5.0 for you mod boys to lust after:D ). I assume that somehow getting rid of this without pissing off the engine would increase performance right? Anyone know about this?

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
TDMCobra said:
Well my understanding is that this is a form of emissions control. I have a 1995, aka the last year of the tail pipe emissions (and a 5.0 for you mod boys to lust after:D ). I assume that somehow getting rid of this without pissing off the engine would increase performance right? Anyone know about this?
my car has a EGR delete but i think its leaking somehow :shrug: ...anyways do you have an o/r h or x?

MouTine

Established Member
Is it just simple as unpluging vacumpipe from EGR valve (UFO shaped thing) ? And ofcourse close that vacuumpipe. I don't think it's gona add power, but intake will be cleaner in future.

TDMCobra

Ringside.
Established Member
Venomous Cobra said:
my car has a EGR delete but i think its leaking somehow :shrug: ...anyways do you have an o/r h or x?

O/R BBK X (welded so it dont sound like piss). How did you do yours?

MouTine said:
Is it just simple as unpluging vacumpipe from EGR valve (UFO shaped thing) ? And ofcourse close that vacuumpipe. I don't think it's gona add power, but intake will be cleaner in future.

Ditto, is that all it is?

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
TDMCobra said:
It wont increase performance at all. It is turned off during WOT driving. It only opens sometimes at idle and some times during low part throttle. If its not leaking and it is working fine. LEAVE IT ALONE.

Users who are viewing this thread